Windows 10: Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help

Discus and support Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey so I've been having trouble resetting my laptop.. No matter how i try to reset it, it keeps saying the same thing.. "There was a problem resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by woodypotts, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help

Hey so I've been having trouble resetting my laptop.. No matter how i try to reset it, it keeps saying the same thing.. "There was a problem resetting your pc, nothing was changed" and i have tried the settings and the restart thing but it will not reset for some reason.. I've even tried other methods that require my microsoft password like a system repair but it wont recognize my password... I need urgent help, can anybody assist please

:)

woodypotts, Apr 29, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help

1. Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help - Similar Threads - Cannot reset laptop

2. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help resetting a laptop, please help: As stated in the title, I really need help resetting a laptop.I do not have the password as my sister has forgotten it so I am aware I need to completely reset the computer from the windows home page.I have held down Shift and pressed restart to bring up troubleshooting and...
  3. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help resetting a laptop, please help: As stated in the title, I really need help resetting a laptop.I do not have the password as my sister has forgotten it so I am aware I need to completely reset the computer from the windows home page.I have held down Shift and pressed restart to bring up troubleshooting and...
  4. I really need help resetting a laptop, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with my laptop: I have a problem with my pc as I cannot click or enter anything on the search bar or even look at my notifications when clicking on the mentioned places it just clicks and shows nothing now i can't even go to settings and update the system because even the button on the...
  6. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with my laptop: I have a problem with my pc as I cannot click or enter anything on the search bar or even look at my notifications when clicking on the mentioned places it just clicks and shows nothing now i can't even go to settings and update the system because even the button on the...
  7. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Help with resetting my laptop

Help with resetting my laptop: hello, i recently encountered a problem when trying to reset my laptop. when it told me that i did not have recovery environment.after doing some digging, i went into CMD to execute reagentc /enable command but they told me that the The Windows RE image was not found.more...
  9. I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?

I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?: I was trying to perform a factory reset on my hp laptop, and everything was initially going well. I selected "remove everything", "just remove my files" and clicked reset to initiate the reset and went to get some coffee. I came back 2 minutes later to find my sign in screen...
  10. Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pyronode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efxn0w/tried_to_reset_my_laptop_please_help/