Windows 10: Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

Discus and support Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ssturner1124, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened.

Now when I go back to sign-in options for my account and I click create pin the system works for a second and then stops and nothing happens. This is after a fresh reboot. If I try to enter the sign-in options a second time without rebooting the page does not load at all.

Thank you in advance for your help

:)

ssturner1124, Aug 19, 2016
  2. LHuck Win User

Signing into Windows using a pin

Ok, I figured out how to navigate to the Ngc file and followed your instructions, however, when I attempt to enter or open the Ngc file I get a window that opens and says "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc is not accessible.
    The Name of the file cannot be resolved by the system."

So it will not let me into or open the Ngc file to delete the folders and I still cannot set a pin.

In addition, when I click on properties of the Ngc file it indicates it contains 0 files and folders.

LHuck, Aug 19, 2016
  3. DennyMK Win User
    Can't log in with my PIN anymore (code: 0x80070032)

I remembered that I have an old "Take Ownership" reg file so I used it to take ownership of the NGC folder (wouldn't let me otherwise). After I did that, I was able to enter the folder and delete its content. I was able to create a new PIN and logged in
    without issues. Thanks a bunch Andre Da Costa, you saved my peace of mind Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder :)

DennyMK, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

1. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder - Similar Threads - Cannot reset PIN

2. Cannot delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folder: I am the administrator and I cannot delete a folder. When I try to Change Ownership from SYSTEM [ATTACH] the window modal blinks and then Change is greyed out. [ATTACH] I've tried deleting from command prompt as well, but I get Access Denied....
  3. cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder: At my desktop, I create a folder but when I am going to delete the folder it shows an error message -"could not find this item". How can I solve this issue? Though I find an article on a website it does not fic my problem....
  4. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion: At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello. Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We...
  5. CAN'T DELETE FILES AFTER SYSTEM RESET!

CAN'T DELETE FILES AFTER SYSTEM RESET!: I got the infamous black screen with cursor that everyone hates. But this one was stubborn and resisted any solutions I found online. So I gave up and chose system reset with keeping my files. After that everything was looking fine, but I was having issues deleting shortcuts....
  6. Cannot delete folder

Cannot delete folder: I have seen a few posts about how to delete a file or folder when 'Item Not Found' and 'Could not find this item' dialogue appears, but the thread is locked. I have tried to follow the answer given, re command prompt, but could not make it work. I am not a skilled user in...
  7. Cannot delete a folder

Cannot delete a folder: I want to delete a folder but when I try I get the following message: Error 0x8007018B: Access to the cloud file is denied. The folder I am trying to delete is the one in red. Path is "This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > Merle > OneDrive > Documents > My Documents > Yuma...
  8. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...
  9. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  10. Cannot Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Delete a Folder: When I try to delete the remaining folder after uninstalling a software in Program Files I get a message: "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder", although I'm the administrator. Please help me to fix this problem. 43032

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied to ngc folder

2. how to delete ngc FOLDERS IN SAFE MODE

3. Not able to set windows 10 pin even after deleting NGC

4. pin reset NGC folder,
  5. windows hello cannot change pin removing old pin ngc,
  6. delete all files from ngc folder