Windows 10: Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

Discus and support Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ssturner1124, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened.

Now when I go back to sign-in options for my account and I click create pin the system works for a second and then stops and nothing happens. This is after a fresh reboot. If I try to enter the sign-in options a second time without rebooting the page does not load at all.

Thank you in advance for your help

:)

ssturner1124, Aug 19, 2016
  2. LHuck Win User

Signing into Windows using a pin

Ok, I figured out how to navigate to the Ngc file and followed your instructions, however, when I attempt to enter or open the Ngc file I get a window that opens and says "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc is not accessible.
    The Name of the file cannot be resolved by the system."

So it will not let me into or open the Ngc file to delete the folders and I still cannot set a pin.

In addition, when I click on properties of the Ngc file it indicates it contains 0 files and folders.

LHuck, Aug 19, 2016
  3. DennyMK Win User
    Can't log in with my PIN anymore (code: 0x80070032)

I remembered that I have an old "Take Ownership" reg file so I used it to take ownership of the NGC folder (wouldn't let me otherwise). After I did that, I was able to enter the folder and delete its content. I was able to create a new PIN and logged in
    without issues. Thanks a bunch Andre Da Costa, you saved my peace of mind Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder :)

DennyMK, Aug 19, 2016
Thema:

Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

1. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder - Similar Threads - Cannot reset PIN

2. Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Login page after deleting Ngc folder: Hi Folks!I have a problem that others had, too, but wasn't ever resolved.I had to reset and install my Windows 11 and everything seemed fine, could even log in with my previously set PIN. However, the "set up pin" notification kept bothering me and I wasn't able to set a PIN...
  3. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  4. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?: Hi, so recently my PIN quit working. For some reason when I boot up my computer it says something like “Something happened and your PIN is unavailable.” And so I have to sign in via password. Once I’m actually on my desktop, I go into settings and try to reset my PIN but it...
  5. PIN not available, PIN reset not working, Ngc folder empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder: Hello guys,I deleted the ngc folder because of issues when adding a fingerprint and new pins. But I cannot log into Windows due to missing files in the ngc folder. The system just stuck after I pressed any key on the lock screen, did not ask for any pin. Tried to restore and...
  7. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder: Hello guys,I deleted the ngc folder because of issues when adding a fingerprint and new pins. But I cannot log into Windows due to missing files in the ngc folder. The system just stuck after I pressed any key on the lock screen, did not ask for any pin. Tried to restore and...
  8. Cannot log in due to deleted ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder

WHB - PIN option is temporary unavailable after resetting NGC Folder: Hello, WIndows Hello for Business Feature - PIN option is showing error that it is unavailable after resetting the NGC Folder. Working from Home and unable to login. Cheers : Rakesh...
  10. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ive deleted my Ngc files now i cant start

2. access denied to ngc folder

3. how to delete ngc FOLDERS IN SAFE MODE

4. Not able to set windows 10 pin even after deleting NGC,
  5. pin reset NGC folder,
  6. windows hello cannot change pin removing old pin ngc,
  7. delete all files from ngc folder