Windows 10: Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I

Discus and support Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I have tried and now it says I have requested too many times. I was able to log in early this morning Now it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeMaley, Jul 23, 2018.

1. MikeMaley Win User

Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I

Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I have tried and now it says I have requested too many times. I was able to log in early this morning Now it won't allow

:)

MikeMaley, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I :(

Zakin, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I - Similar Threads - Cannot reset account

2. I cannot reset a Windows 10 pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reset a Windows 10 pc...: Have a PC that I need to reset, it was logged into via another user without admin rights but I think the Windows 10 upgrade since the login has caused a problem with access rights. Now my profile is not authorized to reset the PC. I want to wipe it and start fresh as the...
  3. I cannot reset a Windows 10 pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot reset a Windows 10 pc...: Have a PC that I need to reset, it was logged into via another user without admin rights but I think the Windows 10 upgrade since the login has caused a problem with access rights. Now my profile is not authorized to reset the PC. I want to wipe it and start fresh as the...
  4. I cannot reset a Windows 10 pc...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot reset Windows 10

Cannot reset Windows 10: I have a digital copy of Windows 10 and my SDD got corrupted by mistake. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 and it will not let me without a CD, which I do not have, or a media file, again, which I do not have. Is there any way I can perform a clean reinstall without a CD or...
  6. Cannot reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset Windows 10: I have a digital copy of Windows 10 and my SDD got corrupted by mistake. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 and it will not let me without a CD, which I do not have, or a media file, again, which I do not have. Is there any way I can perform a clean reinstall without a CD or...
  7. Cannot reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot reset or recover child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot reset or recover child account: Last year we set up an account for our child on our family account but now we cannot enter his account as we did not have to set a password. There is not enough information for a password reset or a recovery we tried it all. So how can we look into our childs account who has...
  9. I cannot reset Windows?

I cannot reset Windows?: Hi, I have problems with my PC so I want to reinstall win10 but there is always the message Windows recovery environment not found! What should I do and please explain in German and best as easy as possible Thank you :) Ich kann Windows nicht zurücksetzen?
  10. Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I: Cannot reset Windows 10 account. I have tried and now it says I have requested too many times. I was able to log in early this morning Now it won't allow Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings...