Windows 10: Cannot reset

Discus and support Cannot reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer (Lenovo W510, 64-bit, 4GB memory, i7 chip, 128 GB SSD with 10 GB free) has slowed down drastically, and I keep getting programs failing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob Burt, May 16, 2019.

1. Rob Burt Win User

Cannot reset

My computer (Lenovo W510, 64-bit, 4GB memory, i7 chip, 128 GB SSD with 10 GB free) has slowed down drastically, and I keep getting programs failing to respond, or sometimes changing from one to the other without my request.

My computer will not reset - I have tried several times, and just get a message “there was a problem, no changes have been made.” I then attempted to use a 64-bit ISO file on a DVD, but when I entered the product ID, I was asked for 25 digits, while I only have 20.

Can you please advise me? I'd prefer to keep my files and programs, if possible, but am prepared to let them go, if necessary. I have cloud backup, and backup on an external drive.

Thanks, Rob

:)

Rob Burt, May 16, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 16, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Cannot reset

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reset

1. Cannot reset - Similar Threads - Cannot reset

2. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc: Hello I recently reconnected to the internet and almost immediately I had old files from my recycle bin appear on my desktop that I can not move or delete. Also I am unable to reset my pc....
  3. Reset Windows 10. Now I cannot delete any of my old files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset Windows 10. Now I cannot delete any of my old files: I reset windows 10. Now I cannot delete any of my old files. When I highlight them and right click and click on delete. Nothing happens. When I generate a new file it can be deleted. If I save the old file with a new name it can be deleted. I get no error message....
  4. Error code: 80004001 on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2, cannot reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code: 80004001 on Microsoft Surface Laptop 2, cannot reset: I purchased a brand new Surface Laptop 2 only a couple of months ago. It was occasionally freezing and showing a blue screen but I managed to restart. Now suddenly I cannot start windows up at all. I get only two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off Your PC. When I go to...
  5. Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help

Cannot reset my laptop....... Please help: Hey so I've been having trouble resetting my laptop.. No matter how i try to reset it, it keeps saying the same thing.. "There was a problem resetting your pc, nothing was changed" and i have tried the settings and the restart thing but it will not reset for some reason.....
  6. Cannot reset child account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  7. I factory reset my PC and now cannot activate MS Office Home & Student or even login to old...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I factory reset my PC and now cannot activate MS Office Home & Student or even login to old...: There was a malware attack on my PC. So, I did an HP system recovery of factory image. Or something that sounds like that. Upon completion, the malware is gone. Now I cannot remember what the username/email of my previous microsoft account was. I am talking about the one that...
  8. I cannot reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot reset my pc: Good day everyone. I have been trying to reset my pc using the reset and refresh methods respectively but to no avail. It always stops at16% and then rolled back by undoing the changes it has made. My pc is: OS Build--16299 Version - - 1709(fall creators update) The pc...
  9. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed: Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW. However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also...
  10. Cannot enter a working bios without resetting cmos

Cannot enter a working bios without resetting cmos: Hi, last week I was trying to boot a device from USB and so I tried entering the boot menu while turning on the PC. I was unable to do so regardless of my attempts (even using a different keyboard and plugging it to the top-left port as I've seen suggested on some other...