Windows 10: Cannot reset

Discus and support Cannot reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer (Lenovo W510, 64-bit, 4GB memory, i7 chip, 128 GB SSD with 10 GB free) has slowed down drastically, and I keep getting programs failing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob Burt, May 16, 2019.

1. Rob Burt Win User

Cannot reset

My computer (Lenovo W510, 64-bit, 4GB memory, i7 chip, 128 GB SSD with 10 GB free) has slowed down drastically, and I keep getting programs failing to respond, or sometimes changing from one to the other without my request.

My computer will not reset - I have tried several times, and just get a message “there was a problem, no changes have been made.” I then attempted to use a 64-bit ISO file on a DVD, but when I entered the product ID, I was asked for 25 digits, while I only have 20.

Can you please advise me? I'd prefer to keep my files and programs, if possible, but am prepared to let them go, if necessary. I have cloud backup, and backup on an external drive.

Thanks, Rob

:)

Rob Burt, May 16, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 16, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Cannot reset

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reset

1. Cannot reset - Similar Threads - Cannot reset

2. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  3. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  4. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  6. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  7. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

8. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  9. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  10. Cannot Reset Windows

Cannot Reset Windows: I had a bit of a problem when attempting to recover files from a laptop SSD on my main PC. The laptop's SSD had a S.M.A.R.T. error before boot, then the laptop booted on the second drive. I took the SSD to my PC to see if I could access the files, but Windows File Explorer...