Windows 10: Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051

Discus and support Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, all. So my problem is this: when I attempt to restart Network Awareness Service (which sometimes comes up as a solution to fix connectivity issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C_Riley, Oct 15, 2018.

1. C_Riley Win User

Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051

Hi, all. So my problem is this: when I attempt to restart Network Awareness Service (which sometimes comes up as a solution to fix connectivity issues with Microsoft services such as Microsoft Store through VPN or for other reasons), I get the message "Windows could not stop the Network Location Awareness service on local computer" followed by "Error 1051: A stop control has been sent to a service which other running services are dependent on." I have tried all of the solutions here and here. In short: stopping the dependent services first does not work, nor does the powershell command. I always receive an error that Windows cannot restart it. My question then, is twofold: a) Why can I not restart this service when so many others seem to have no problem? and b) Is there any way for me to be able to restart this service?

Thanks in advance!

:)

C_Riley, Oct 15, 2018

2. Trouble starting Network Location Awareness and dependencies

Hi,

Sorry for the account change - for some reason I couldn't sign in with my original account. So I made a new one.

For Network Location Awareness the message I get is as follows:

Windows could not start the Network Location Awareness service on local computer

Error 1079 The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running the same process.

For The dependent service:

For Network List Service I get the following message

Windows could not start the Network List Service service on local computer

Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start

I have internet, but the network is no longer showing and in Network and Internet in control panel it says I am not connected to the network. I have a home network (verizon fios with a highspeed router and four extenders. I am plugged in with the cat5 to
    an extender)

I have not made any changes to the registry.

Do you think you can help?

Thank You

Stephen

stephenfrom nyc, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051

Trouble starting Network Location Awareness and dependencies

Hi,

I am running windows 10 pro. I am trying to restart network location awareness and the dependent services. I get a 1079 error when I try to restart or start from the properties dialog. The dependent services I get a 1068 error. I am hoping to find out how
    to edit the registry for these services. I no longer am connected to the network, but I still have internet.

If someone knows how to repair this problem, please help.

Originally I had been trying to find out why I couldn't see my laptop in the network in explorer.

Thanks

Stephen

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

StephenVicinanza, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051

1. Cannot Restart Network Location Awareness service on Local Computer, Error 1051 - Similar Threads - Cannot Restart Network

2. BSOD 1051

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 1051: Hello, Since September 2023 I have a problem with BSOD, specifically it is error 1051. Yesterday I tried to reinstall the system as the errors were severe enough to cause a critical process die. I downloaded the windows installation from my old device, but I could not install...
  3. BSOD 1051

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 1051: Hello, Since September 2023 I have a problem with BSOD, specifically it is error 1051. Yesterday I tried to reinstall the system as the errors were severe enough to cause a critical process die. I downloaded the windows installation from my old device, but I could not install...
  4. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Service No Network Firewall: I will be every day and i will open the same topic over and over again till the M.F who came up with the idea to make the local s*** will appoligize for what he created and for all the power was cosumed due his/her bull/sh/itif you say to update my system...how the f*** can i...
  5. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Service No Network Firewall: I will be every day and i will open the same topic over and over again till the M.F who came up with the idea to make the local s*** will appoligize for what he created and for all the power was cosumed due his/her bull/sh/itif you say to update my system...how the f*** can i...
  6. Local Service No Network Firewall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. The Network Location Awareness service terminated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Network Location Awareness service terminated: If I restart my pc I get thousands of the following in the event log The Network Location Awareness service terminated with the following error: Access is denied. If I look at services Network Location Awareness service shows starting. I can not stop it or restart it. The...
  8. Unable to start Network Location Awareness service

Unable to start Network Location Awareness service: Hi all, Can anyone advise how to get the Network Location Awareness service running again? It seems that because this service isn't running, Windows isn't "aware" that I'm online. And because it's not aware, I'm experiencing other issues eg it thinks my Windows isn't...
  9. “network location awareness” can't start.fualt code 1075

“network location awareness” can't start.fualt code 1075: [ATTACH] fault 1075:service didn't exist or has been marked or deleted the network connection flag in the lower right corner disappears Wired network connection is normal, wireless network can not be connected...
  10. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart network location awareness

2. cannot stop service error 1051

3. windows rerun location awareness

4. error 1051 windows could not stop the network location awareness service,
  5. network location awareness troubleshooting,
  6. windows could not stop network location awareness service,
  7. how to network location awareness service restart,
  8. windows could not restart Network Location Awareness,
  9. win 10 nla restart 1051,
  10. cant restart network location awareness service ,
  11. restart nla,
  12. network location awareness could not start,
  13. how to restart network location awareness,
  14. error 1051 A stop control has been sent windows event log service,
  15. error 1051 a stop control has been sent to a service that other running service windows event log