Windows 10: Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

Discus and support Cannot restore my computer to factory reset. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hestonmize, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i cannot restart my computer because of an error. I do have a prompt telling me that windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of the. I have the log itself of what files were corrupt but i dont know how to read it at all. Can someone help me out!

:)

hestonmize, Jan 8, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Update Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

This was the answer! Thank you so much! I love this forums!

Update, Jan 8, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

Factory Reset

That depends on what you mean by "factory reset."

The term traditionally means restoring your computer to the way it was when it left the factory (hence the name.) After a factory reset, you computer will be exactly the same as it was when you pressed the Power button for the first time.

If that's what you mean, you can find detailed instructions on the computer manufacturer's website. It's a manufacturer-designed procedure, not something that comes from Microsoft, and it doesn't take long at all. Just follow the directions, step-by-step
    and you'll be fine.

S_and_S, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

1. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset. - Similar Threads - Cannot restore computer

2. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  3. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  4. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  6. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

Restoring a backup after Factory Reset: I recently got stuck in a Windows Recovery loop after uninstalling adware off my computer. I’ve now done a factory reset but before I did, I backed up my personal files and settings to an external hard drive. I can view the files in File Explorer but can’t find a way to...
  7. Update factory reset my computer.

Update factory reset my computer.: So I had been putting off updating my computer for a week or so, and I ended up giving in and waiting two hours for it to update. I come back and I can't even log into my profile at first, saying the User Profile Service can't sign in and giving me a blank profile picture. I...
  8. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  9. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore computer to factory settings: I'm returning this computer to seller and I want to restore to factory settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/2743d7b9-e0f4-40d4-beb6-af070a6d1c93
  10. How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore my computer using Windows 10 back to factory reset: Please help I downloaded Google Chrome and picked up bundled adware with it specifically V9 and I cannot delete Chrome as it keeps telling me to close all programs when there is nothing open. I am not computer savy and don't know what to do. Everytime I open Chrome along with...