Windows 10: Cannot Restore or Repair Win10

Discus and support Cannot Restore or Repair Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried everything I have read for two days now to get my computer to restart. I get the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen followed by a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elizaabeth414, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Cannot Restore or Repair Win10

I have tried everything I have read for two days now to get my computer to restart. I get the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen followed by a "Diagnosing your PC" screen followed by "Attempting Repairs" then I get "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC". It further explains that a logfile is created but when I try to get to it through a command prompt I cannot find the directory it does not exist.

I have tried every option in the recovery/repair mode to no avail. It appears I have three restore points but can not restore as when I select one it tells me that I must enable system protection.

Please help

Elizabeth

:)

Elizaabeth414, Dec 1, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 1, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Restore or Repair Win10

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Cannot Restore or Repair Win10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Restore or Repair Win10

1. Cannot Restore or Repair Win10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Restore Repair

2. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all: My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore...
  3. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all: My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore...
  4. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  6. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  7. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cannot boot, repair, reset, restore Windows 10 at all.

Cannot boot, repair, reset, restore Windows 10 at all.: Hi,My Windows 10 desktop PC won't boot into operating system at all. I tried everything and nothing works.This is a year old build, had no problems with it so far, there are no new hardware additions, I also haven't installed anything on it for weeks. All of a sudden I'm...
  9. need to repair/restore Win10 in safe mode

need to repair/restore Win10 in safe mode: My laptop will only boot to safe mode - and I've been able to start it with Network capibility. It doesn't have a CD but I downloaded a copy of Windows to a Thumb Drive. Logging into the Bios F12 Boot Options and F2 - Ive not been able to find out how to change the boot...
  10. win10 repair disc

win10 repair disc: How to make a win10 repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-repair-disc/e698be65-1bdd-4a35-9e38-fbc464eebe3f