Windows 10: Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

Discus and support Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Snowshed, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Snowshed Win User

Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
    Dell Optiplex 380

I am trying to network my computers, of which I have too many! LOL These are the OSes I need to network, although each OS is not always on a separate computer.

• XP Pro
    • Vista Ultimate
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Windows 8 Pro
    • Windows 7 Starter
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • OS X 10 El Capitan
    • Linux Mint 18.0 Sarah

XP and Vista is a machine set up as a multiboot computer.
    7 & 8 I select the boot drive during boot up.
    All others are individual machines.

Goals:

• To get everything to talk to each other seamlessly, starting with W10 and W7.
    • And actually enjoy using my computers again. I grew tired of sneakernet years ago.

All 3 computers are in the same workgroup, and appear in File Explorer. When I attempt to access either W7 computer, W10 cannot access the computer, and when I run the Diagnosis is says the Diagnosis Policy Service is not running. Checking Services in Task Manager, it's not listed.

Downloaded the service from here, Restore Default Services in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials and it also fails, saying keys are open or I don't have the necessary permissions.

I'm using an administrator account.

How do I solve this last issue?

:)

Snowshed, Jun 1, 2017

2. Starting the diagnostic policy service - how

Happy to help and glad you are fixed.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 1, 2017
  3. Starting the diagnostic policy service - how

Zigzag team thank you so much for your explicit directions and explicit command syntax this help the problem and then later I discovered it was something else but I think this helped thank you again

JBates_957, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

Try to run this code in CMD run as admin and then restart:

Code: reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-Application" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\DiagLog" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\WdiContextLog" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f sc config EventLog start= auto sc config EventSystem start= auto sc config WdiServiceHost start= demand sc config SENS start= auto sc config SystemEventsBroker start= auto sc config Winmgmt start= auto sc config Appinfo start= auto sc config CryptSvc start= auto sc config DPS start= auto[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Snowshed Win User
    [/quote] Thank you, that worked. *Smile

Snowshed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

1. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service - Similar Threads - Cannot restore Diagnostic

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.: The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I get the message that "The Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. The windows network...
  5. Diagnostic policy service not running

Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  6. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes: Hello everyone, since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected through Ethernet, the spikes are gone. I've tried everything, reseting network, deleting sru file, changing startup of this service...
  7. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  8. No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service

No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU: HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU. HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR) [img] In the last few days it started having poor...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...