Windows 10: cannot resume after hibernation

Discus and support cannot resume after hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer, The system has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BostjanVi, Nov 16, 2019.

1. BostjanVi Win User

cannot resume after hibernation

Hello,

I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after
    hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer,

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error
    could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power
    unexpectedly. (EventId 41)

I tried all sorts of advice I could find on the Internet without avail.
    I suspect that something is wrong with my boot sequence; so I am
    interested whether I can do the following:

I have two system images, A and B, and both have been updated to the same
    version of Windows 10 (1909). Each consists of the partitions, EFI, C:, and
    Recovery.

A is perfectly good with hibernation working; but it has a C: partition
    that doesn't suit me (missing applications, settings, etc.). B has a C:
    partition that is to my taste; but hibernation does not work. So my
    question is whether I can replace the C: partition of A with a backed up
    C: partition of B. Would that work?

Regards,
    BostjanVi

:)

BostjanVi, Nov 16, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

Hello,

Failing to resume from Hibernate in Windows 10 may be caused by an outdated driver or operating system component or that an application is causing the resume from Hibernate to fail. For us to isolate the issue in failing to resume from Hibernate, kindly
    respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are they?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if Windows 10 is updated? Go to Settings >
      Update & security
      > Check for updates.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 somtimes resumes and sometimes "Restarts" from hibernation?

I am experiencing same issue, you hibernate, it resumes, next time, it reboots, the next one, it reboots, next, it resumes, then reboots, resumes, resumes, reboots, resumes, reboots, reboots. it is pure free madness from microsoft

Window 10 needs to get the hibernation part correctly before release.

A lot of developers rely on "hibernate" because it saves the time spent re-opening all IDEs, initializing projects, looking for where you left off, etc.

I hate windows without hibernate.

i tried all your suggestions and nothing worked.

OluwaseunAjayi, Nov 16, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

It could be that some of the third-party applications installed on your device is preventing your device to resume from hibernate. We suggest that you perform a clean boot in Windows. Performing a clean boot would eliminate software conflicts with in your
    device. You may follow the steps here on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot resume after hibernation - Similar Threads - cannot resume hibernation

2. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  3. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  4. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  5. Hibernating resuming error

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernating resuming error: Hi All when i go to resume from hibernate all my applications are gone and i check the event viewer to find The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. But i...
  6. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  7. Cannot login to the PC after resuming Windows from Sleep/Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot login to the PC after resuming Windows from Sleep/Hibernate mode: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login background (its the same so I cannot tell which one...
  8. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...