Windows 10: Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

Discus and support Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to encrypt my USB external hard drive (1 TB, mounted to E*Smile using BitLocker, and after the encryption got 10.1% finished, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by moonpie89, Jul 25, 2016.

1. moonpie89 Win User

Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

I was trying to encrypt my USB external hard drive (1 TB, mounted to E*Smile using BitLocker, and after the encryption got 10.1% finished, I accidentally shut down the computer. After restarting, I tried to resume the encryption, but it gives me an error: "Encryption could not be resumed. The device is not ready." I've tried using >manage-bde -resume E: but it returns the same error with code 0x80070015. I also get the same error if I try to go to the Control Panel and Turn off BitLocker.
    Running >chkdsk E: shows several corrupt attribute records, but I haven't tried running that with /F since I'm worried that might make it difficult to properly decrypt BitLocker.
    Are there any recommendations on how to either resume the encryption or decrypt the 10.1% it's already done? I've heard there's a BitLocker repair tool, but I don't have an empty 1 TB drive to use for that.

:)

moonpie89, Jul 25, 2016
  2. TudorDoc Win User

Cannot access drive after Bitlocker paused

I have Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. I have previously successfully used Bitlocker on an external HDD including removing the drive and subsequently resumed the encryption

I then started bitlocker on another HDD. I have the recovery key printed. I started the encryption and left it overnight. In the morning I pressed pause before removing the HDD. When I came to resume the encryption and plugged in the HDD, I got the
    noise to signify a USB device had been connected but the drive is not shown in file manager. I then went into disk management and the HDD is not shown there either

How do I get to "see" the drive and resume bitlocker?

Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

TudorDoc, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Ttilt Win User
    Bitlocker asks for recovery key at every boot

I Just put together a new PC:

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

I have 3 SATA HDs forming a hardware RAID 0 System Volume which and I encrypted with Bitlocker, using the firmware TPM that came with the Asus motherboard.

All works fine but whenever I restart the computer Bitlocker asks me for the recovery key.

I've searched everywhere online and tried both options below.

1) Suspend bitlocker, restart computer and resume bitlocker.

2) DECRYPT the whole OS Volume and RE-Encrypt it.

NONE have worked.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Ttilt, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

1. Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart - Similar Threads - Cannot resume bitlocker

2. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption: Hello, ive been locked out of my windows account, since i need my old security old email. Which i no longer have acces to, ive contacted microsoft, and they gave me 2 options. Wait 30 days to update security mail and i dont know if they even will do it or clean install which...
  3. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker encryption: Hi Everyone,I am trying to change the bitlocker encryption method to AES 256, And i am trying to find the right command that i can execute from command prompt to change this.Could someone suggest on this?RegardsKevin...
  4. Issues with Bitlocker following first restart after encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Bitlocker following first restart after encryption: Hi There,We seem to be having an issue with Bitlocker encrypting devices on restart following successful deployment of Bitlocker to the devices C drive.These devices are varying versions of Windows 10, and all of the devices previously had Mcafee Drive Encryption enabled...
  5. Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it

Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it: This happens to many hundreds of our enterprise devices every month, after a cumulative update is installed on Windows. Bitlocker becomes suspended for multiple reboots. Ultimately, I'd like to solve the root of the problem by eliminating the suspension over several reboots....
  6. How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: [ATTACH]BitLocker security software created by Microsoft is based on next-generation secure computing architecture. It is encrypted for all devices whether portable or non-portable to prevent third-party intrusion while working on the device. It is used by many organizations...
  7. BitLocker encryption

BitLocker encryption: I have a secondary user who has access from another to my OneDrive files. I want to keep it that way. What effect does turning on BitLocker encryption have on their ability to access my OneDrive files?...
  8. Bitlocker Encryption

Bitlocker Encryption: I support a remote laptop at a site I have never been to. I have been assured that the laptop is left only in a secured room and used by two trustworthy people. The following problem has happened twice in the last year. I was informed the bitlocker PIN has stopped working...
  9. cannot resume after hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot resume after hibernation: Hello, I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost...
  10. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker: While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without...
Tags: