Windows 10: Cannot retrieve a File or document

Discus and support Cannot retrieve a File or document in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please advise how to retrieve a file or document that has been lost when Microsoft installed a new driver for Windows 10 Pro? I tried searching the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulJones7, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Cannot retrieve a File or document

Please advise how to retrieve a file or document that has been lost when Microsoft installed a new driver for Windows 10 Pro? I tried searching the cPanel files and could not find it.

Please reply.

:)

PaulJones7, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Unable to retrieve my pictures, music, pdf's, and documents since Windows 10 updated

Hi Cheri,

We see that you are unable to retrieve your pictures, music, PDF's and documents since you updated your Windows 10 PC. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you updated your computer from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?
    • Have you tried using Cortana and search for the files and folders?
    • Have you troubles the troubleshooting steps provided on this
      link
      ?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 25, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Cannot retrieve a File or document

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot retrieve a File or document

1. Cannot retrieve a File or document - Similar Threads - Cannot retrieve File

2. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  3. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  4. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Retrieve an excel document

Retrieve an excel document: Lost an excel document in error by overwriting, no previous version showing in properties of the blank replacement. Is there any way of getting it back from Windows 10? lots of data, graphs etc so not happy Thanks...
  6. Cannot retrieve Word document

Cannot retrieve Word document: I have lost a previously saved Word document that I was in the middle of editing. I have tried to restore a previous version but cannot find it, and it is not in the Recycle Bin. What else can I try?...
  7. Retrieving a word document

Retrieving a word document: I pray someone can help me. I had a word document on my old computer. I sent it in an email to my own email address. I opened it (in Word) on my new computer. It allowed me to "Edit" and I worked for three days on my book. When I went to close it, I hit "File" and a window...
  8. Retrieving a deleted document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving a deleted document: In the old days there was a Trash folder and before it was emptied, you could retrieve a file and re-save it. How do you do that now? I can't find a Trash folder on my laptop. Is the file still accessible somehow or do I have to restore it from a backup? If so, how do I do...
  9. how to retrieve a document

how to retrieve a document: how do I retrieve a document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-document/6391bf79-52e4-47b5-80ca-529f1cecd9e4"
  10. Retrieve a document that was sent to the web.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Retrieve a document that was sent to the web.: I was printing a document but it never printed. I might have hit the "web" button rather than "copy" button on my printer. How can I retrieve the document? Thank you!...