Windows 10: Cannot retrieve Word document

Discus and support Cannot retrieve Word document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost a previously saved Word document that I was in the middle of editing. I have tried to restore a previous version but cannot find it, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fulford C, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Fulford C Win User

Cannot retrieve Word document

I have lost a previously saved Word document that I was in the middle of editing. I have tried to restore a previous version but cannot find it, and it is not in the Recycle Bin.

What else can I try?

:)

Fulford C, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jan 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Cannot retrieve Word document

How to retrieve a word document deleted by mistake?

Hello MaxScharnberg1

If it did not help you get it back from the Recycle Bin. you can try the following:

The next step is to find the backup file of the Word document (.wbk). For this to work, it is necessary to have backups enabled in Word, and you need to know where the document was saved.

* Open Microsoft Word and choose the File tab in the upper left corner

* Click on the File tab and select Open.

* Choose the folder in which the document was last saved. Select the backup file and click Open.

* If you can not remember the location of the document, be sure to search for Word backup files on the entire computer. You can do it by entering * .wbk in the Windows search.

If this procedure does not work for you try this;

Try the Word Auto Recovery tool. If, for example, your computer was locked and you have not saved the file, when you open Word next time, the file should appear in the left part of the window.

If this does not happen, you can search for the AutoRecover files manually. Open Microsoft Word (2010), click on the File tab and select Recent. At the bottom of the menu, select to retrieve unsaved documents. You can search your file there.

If you do not have this option in your version of Word, just look for the * .asd files on your computer with the Windows search, as explained at the beginning.

Wilfredo_Soto, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot retrieve Word document

1. Cannot retrieve Word document - Similar Threads - Cannot retrieve Word

2. How to retrieve the loss of Word documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve the loss of Word documents: How to retrieve the loss of Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-loss-of-word-documents/0c906a46-7fe2-43b0-918b-1006c7ba218f
  3. How to retrieve the loss of Word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to retrieve the loss of Word documents: How to retrieve the loss of Word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-loss-of-word-documents/0c906a46-7fe2-43b0-918b-1006c7ba218f
  4. Cannot open word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open word documents: When I try to open a word document in a file, the circular blue buffering symbol replaces my cursor and the folder grays out and "Not Responding" appears next to the folder name. The file never opens and I have to close out of the folder. I have no problem opening pdfs, excel...
  5. Cannot open Word nor any Word documents

Cannot open Word nor any Word documents: Trying to open Word Microsoft 10 or any Word document, Pop-up says Office is updating. Then error message that reads "The application was unable to start correctly. 0xc0000142 Click ok to close transaction. Cannot access Word or any word document. Help!...
  6. how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad

how to retrieve a saved over document in Word pad: how to retrieve a saved over document that was in word pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-a-saved-over-document-in-word-pad/39b4cf16-9300-40a5-8f76-dea08e7b58b7
  7. Cannot retrieve a File or document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot retrieve a File or document: Please advise how to retrieve a file or document that has been lost when Microsoft installed a new driver for Windows 10 Pro? I tried searching the cPanel files and could not find it. Please reply....
  8. WOrD PAd...retrieving an unsaved document

in Windows 10 Customization
    WOrD PAd...retrieving an unsaved document: Can anyone tell me how, or if it's even possible to recover an unsaved document I typed out in WordPad? Before I was able to save the document, my computer rebooted itself and when I opened up Word Pad I was hoping for the document to appear or at least a message asking to...
  9. Retrieving a word document

Retrieving a word document: I pray someone can help me. I had a word document on my old computer. I sent it in an email to my own email address. I opened it (in Word) on my new computer. It allowed me to "Edit" and I worked for three days on my book. When I went to close it, I hit "File" and a window...
  10. Word documents that cannot be deleted

Word documents that cannot be deleted: I have some word documents that I am trying to delete, but am unable to because it says they are open in WINWORD.EXE. WINWORD is not open. How do I get these docs deleted. I have already deleted the temp files that it would allow me to delete. There are 2 temp files that it...