Windows 10: Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update

Discus and support Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently using an HP Pavilion running Windows 10. I just installed some updates last week and found out that my scrolling is reversed to how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JessicaPerdue, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update

I am currently using an HP Pavilion running Windows 10. I just installed some updates last week and found out that my scrolling is reversed to how I would like it, and tap to click is on, which I utterly despise. But there is no option to change these settings; I have looked everywhere.

Will Microsoft be rolling out another update to fix this? This is a huge bummer for me; yes, it may be just scrolling and tapping, but I hate these features. Tap to click is frustrating in that I always seem to be clicking something I don't want.

Thanks.

:)

JessicaPerdue, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Left and right reverse scrolling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Touchpad settings can be customized depending on your preference.
    Here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: Try changing the settings.

1. Open Settings.
    2. Then click on Devices.
    3. Then click on Touchpad.
    4. Then click on Advance Settings.
    5. Then go to Device settings and click on
      Settings.
    6. Expand the Virtual Scrolling and then click on
      Defaults.
    7. This should restore the touchpad settings to default.

Method 2: Please follow the suggestions provided by Louie Del in the thread:
    Reverse the scroll of mouse.

I would also request you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager and then reboot the device to see if that restores the Touchpad settings.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

Hello Greg

I did all that already.

Look like Microsoft have removed the the "the reverse scrolling" option from there settings.

AlanSenior, Sep 3, 2019
  4. me10lee83 Win User

Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update

Reverse scrolling

Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted but same thing.

me10lee83, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update

1. Cannot reverse the scrolling or remove tap-to-click after Microsoft Update - Similar Threads - Cannot reverse scrolling

2. Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove "Click or tap to follow link": When my cursor touches a hyperlink, a window pops open with the link address. Is there a way to turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/64d845cf-36ff-4e28-8c4a-26624636e365
  3. remove click or tap to follow link

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove click or tap to follow link: remove click or tap to follow link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/77606ac6-b353-4e4d-a920-2d4ff49d0fbb
  4. Tap to Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tap to Click: Can't turn off tap to click in Windows 10 on new HP computer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-to-click/37276d93-9bd3-4b8c-8162-ceafe1ecad1d
  5. Reverse Scroll

Reverse Scroll: How do I reverse my scrolling because it is backwards on hp Stream laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-scroll/1914b1e5-d25b-4b9b-9ebb-902b52c9081d
  6. Reversing Scroll on TouchPad

Reversing Scroll on TouchPad: After the latest Windows update my touchpad has been stuck in reverse scroll. I would like to disable the reverse scroll, but am unable to. Going through windows settings does not even give me the option to disable/enable the reverse scroll on my touchpad. So far the only...
  7. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  8. Reverse Scrolling

Reverse Scrolling: I'm having troubles finding where to turn off reverse scrolling on Windows 10 laptop. When I use the touchpad if I move my fingers in an upward motion the screen scrolls down, I'd like to move my fingers down and have the page scroll down. I googled this issue and was...
  9. Reverse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse scrolling: Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted...
  10. Scrolling is reversed

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling is reversed: Basically up is down and left is right I could not find the settings in the mouse control config 15145