Windows 10: Cannot revert to default location

Discus and support Cannot revert to default location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I changed desktop location on D disk, and now I cannot revert it to default. I became this message. Can someone help me please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andjelka12, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Cannot revert to default location

Hello everyone,
    I changed desktop location on D disk, and now I cannot revert it to default.
    I became this message. Can someone help me please?
    C Cannot revert to default location bc15c58e-4ae9-45ea-90a2-c91e01ab44ca?upload=true.png

:)

Andjelka12, Dec 23, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Default save location keeps reverting to "C:\documents"

Hi Walter,

If a setting keeps reverting in Windows, there might be conflicts with the settings of your laptop and with the group policy of the network you are joining in. For us to isolate the issue if it is caused by group policies or if it is entirely within the
    settings of your Surface Pro, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Does the issue happen after connecting to the network?
    • What happens when you set the default save location when you are not in your work?
    • Are there any group policies configured in your computer?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Cannot revert to default location

Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Cannot revert to default location

1. Cannot revert to default location - Similar Threads - Cannot revert default

2. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot retrieve default file location of folder: Suddenly, my OneDrive started syncing with everything in m desktop including the folders. I tried restoring the default folder and it says "Can't move folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied." So I transferred all the...
  3. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot retrieve default file location of folder: Suddenly, my OneDrive started syncing with everything in m desktop including the folders. I tried restoring the default folder and it says "Can't move folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied." So I transferred all the...
  4. Cannot retrieve default file location of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  6. Cannot set default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set default save location.: I tried to innstall forza 4 from xbox app on windows 10 on my G: drive and it said that i had to change the default save location for games so i press it and chose the G: drive for apps and it said i had to delete other apps so i pressed yes. i then said that i cant set my...
  7. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  8. Changing default storage location and reverting back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  9. Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder location reverts back to defaults after 1809 update: I have my Documents folder relocated to the D: Data drive to save space on my 128Gb SSD drive which is my system drive. I used the Documents folders properties location tab to do this. After the feature update through Windows Update from 1803 to 1809..now under C:\Users the...
  10. Cannot restore default location of Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot restore default location of Documents folder: I accidentically set the location of my Documents folder to D:\ and now cannot restore it to C:\Users\MyName\Documents. When I try this I get the message "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume Information. Access is denied". How can I...