Windows 10: cannot right clcik to open a picture

Discus and support cannot right clcik to open a picture in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Each time I try to right click on a picture to select which program I want to use, explorer stop responding, and freezes the computer, and I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RolandHervieux, May 20, 2019.

1. cannot right clcik to open a picture

Each time I try to right click on a picture to select which program I want to use, explorer stop responding, and freezes the computer, and I need to restart file explorer with the task manager.

I can right click on anything else without problems, and I only have this problems with any pictures types.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

RolandHervieux, May 20, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

cannot right clcik to open a picture

upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 20, 2019
Thema:

cannot right clcik to open a picture

1. cannot right clcik to open a picture - Similar Threads - cannot right clcik

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. Pictures are not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures are not opening: When ever I download a picture and tried to open it did not open, even those pictures which is already exist did not open.anybody know what's the reason. I have window 10...
  4. Pictures cannot be opened/Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pictures cannot be opened/Windows 10?: Hello! I have a Dell laptop (Windows 10/ Inspiron 15 3000 Series) and I can't open pictures. Normally you double-click or right-click and then "open with" but then the following appears: [ATTACH] It's the same with every picture. I would like to be able to...
  5. Scroll wheel clcik won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scroll wheel clcik won't work: It just randomly stopped working. I've tried updating drivers, not 100% sure if I did that right tho. I've tried plenty of things, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-clcik-wont-work/20186b08-bf13-403e-bb76-15df1bf01fe0
  6. Opening Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Picture: The pictures that come on when I go into Edge allow me an opinion. If I like it, it stays for a few days usually. If I don't like it, the next time I turn on the computer, I get a different picture. The other day I clicked "no" didn't like it and it went away but hasn't...
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open: Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt....
  8. Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open.

Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open.: Windows cannot find pictures even if I click on the picture to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-pictures-even-if-i-click-on/2cb196a2-6083-4878-a3e0-0964b2ec23e5"
  9. Pictures Will Not Open

Pictures Will Not Open: When I try to open pictures "package could not be registered" appears. This is a cliché in windows 10? How can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-not-open/a57b7838-70fc-4113-b2a7-df73f314aad9"
  10. Pictures Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures Not Opening: Up until last week, I was able to view any picture on the web. Lately all I get is that ssmall picture square box within another square box. I am using Chrome, cleared cache, all the usual things to do but have no idea why this is happening. It happens in my yahoo email, my...