Windows 10: Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, Something is keeping my computer awake. So I looked it up and tried to run "powercfg- requests"...the screen flashes and then immediately closes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ifeelpeachy, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10

Hey,

Something is keeping my computer awake. So I looked it up and tried to run "powercfg- requests"...the screen flashes and then immediately closes. Help!

submitted by /u/ifeelpeachy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ifeelpeachy, Oct 9, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    powercfg -requestsoverride errors

Did you run the command below to check your command. If the powercfg /requests shows the Realtek driver it use whatever it shows, as indicated by the listing after using the command.

powercfg /requestsoverride /?

Saltgrass, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Qvene Win User

Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10

Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application

I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing
    sleep using powercfg -requests and then would override those drivers using powercfg -requestsoverride "driver name". This algorithm works, however, I noticed that when running the application, the powercfg -requests returns a different result than when opening
    a command console and checking powercfg -requests manually.

The first image below shows the result of powercfg -requests when I manually type it into a command window.

Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10 1a7abe6b-3ddf-4612-b9f2-5e3ed986dbda?upload=true.png

This second image shows the result of powercfg -requests when my application creates a command window with arguements "/c powercfg -requests"

Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10 4f2f498a-01ca-4287-b4df-3f7bb1a0e298?upload=true.png

Note these are both run while the application is running, but the second one is very different from the first one. Also the second one does not include the audio stream drivers. Both of these command windows have admin privileges and the application framework
    I am using is Unity. Can anyone explain why this happens and how can I query all of the drivers that are stopping my computer from sleeping?

Qvene, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10

1. Cannot run a command: Powercfg -requests won't open on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot run command

2. Cannot open notepad by using RUN command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open notepad by using RUN command: Hello!I cannot open notepad by using RUN command. It opens normally when use search on start menu.Uninstall, Reinstall, sfc /scannow, DISM Tool, Inplace Upgrade already done, nothing worked.Protokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Application ErrorDatum: 24.04.2023...
  3. Cannot open notepad by using RUN command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open notepad by using RUN command: Hello!I cannot open notepad by using RUN command. It opens normally when use search on start menu.Uninstall, Reinstall, sfc /scannow, DISM Tool, Inplace Upgrade already done, nothing worked.Protokollname: ApplicationQuelle: Application ErrorDatum: 24.04.2023...
  4. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  5. How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?: Can anyone tell how to undo powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Legacy Kernel in CMD? submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mahtzs/how_to_undo_powercfg_requests_override/
  6. Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  7. Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application

Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  8. Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed Won't run

Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed Won't run: Hello, I'm trying to figure out what is waking my computer up from sleep as it won't stay in sleep mode for more than 5 minutes at the moment which is incredibly frustrating. When I try to run "Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" the prompt screen will open up for half a...
  9. Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408: Hi, Windows 10 x64 1903 I cannot run powercfg /batteryreport from an elevated command prompt. The error: "C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x408 has occurred: null" Diagnostic Policy Service is running. Power...
  10. Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line

in Windows 10 News
    Most useful commands for PowerCFG command line: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Power Configuration or powercfg.exe is a command-line tool in Windows which allows you to configure power system settings. It is especially useful for laptops which run on battery and will enable you to configure hardware-specific configurations which are...