Windows 10: Cannot Run An .Exe file

Discus and support Cannot Run An .Exe file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 13, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Cannot Run An .Exe file

I've got maybe two problems:

. I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog.

and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing.

So that's maybe a problem with the path thing.

. when I tried to run it myself from the directory I got a windows defender message saying it had stopped it running. I clicked more details or something and then it ran. Subsequent attempts to run it from there by clicking on it brought it up with no problem.

So maybe that indicates a problem with defender that's stopping it running when this other app calls it.

And I wonder if I should mark the app as to be always run as admin? Can that be done? I'm always logged on as admin anyway but I believe with modern windows that doesn't automaticaly mean that apps you run will be run as admin.. ?

any thoughts on all this?

i'm happy to provide details of the actual app and .exe file if it helps.

:)

abrogard, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Cannot Run An .Exe file

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Run An .Exe file

1. Cannot Run An .Exe file - Similar Threads - Cannot Run Exe

2. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right...
  3. Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions: Cannot run exe file without administrator permissions using Window 11. Just purchased desktop PC. Tried to run plug-in external dvd drive. It will not automatically run the setup file. Says it is blocked and requires admin. permission. I am the administrator. I tried right...
  4. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore: I have Windows 10 I am not able to run most .exe files. Any exe files to do with either admin, recovering to a restore point, etc.I Double clicking on program icons it then takes a long time the file frezes and wont launche.I can get into settings and alter a few things, but...
  5. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore: I have Windows 10 I am not able to run most .exe files. Any exe files to do with either admin, recovering to a restore point, etc.I Double clicking on program icons it then takes a long time the file frezes and wont launche.I can get into settings and alter a few things, but...
  6. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  7. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  8. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Cannot run any exe files

Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  10. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot run exe files

2. windows cant open exe files

3. i cannot run an exe file

4. cannoit run exe files,
  5. i cannot run exe files,
  6. cannot run exe file,
  7. windows cannot run exe files