Windows 10: Cannot run any exe files

Discus and support Cannot run any exe files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kusaQ, Dec 6, 2019.

1. kusaQ Win User

Cannot run any exe files

Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall it because that's also a exe.

Looked for some solutions but most of them require running some exe at some point. Some solution involve creating and running some vbs file but I cannot run vbs either. Safe mode does not make things better. By the way my chrome cannot download anything but edge can. Don't know if that is related to the problem.

Just want to know if there is other thing to try before reinstalling

:)

kusaQ, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Cannot run any exe files

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot run any exe files

1. Cannot run any exe files - Similar Threads - Cannot run exe

2. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore: I have Windows 10 I am not able to run most .exe files. Any exe files to do with either admin, recovering to a restore point, etc.I Double clicking on program icons it then takes a long time the file frezes and wont launche.I can get into settings and alter a few things, but...
  3. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  6. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  7. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  9. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  10. Cannot run any exe file , from side-by-side configuration incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot run any exe file , from side-by-side configuration incorrect: I cant load any exe file, including downloads and apps, is it a bad problem or ?, I have all my work stuff on here, and I don't want to loose it, and defiantly not now. Iv tried all I can and all that is shown online but it wont work, it was fine earlier as I was on here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows 10 can load any.exe file even regedit