Windows 10: cannot run as admin

Discus and support cannot run as admin in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For several months I have NOT been able to run anything as admin. If I search for "cmd", right-click it in the search results and select run as admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jgt, Feb 26, 2020.

1. JGT
    jgt Win User

cannot run as admin

For several months I have NOT been able to run anything as admin. If I search for "cmd", right-click it in the search results and select run as admin nothing happens. If I select "run" a CMD window will open.

If I boot to safemode still I cannot run as admin.

At C:\Users\jgt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3 I found two shortcuts for the CMD window. One will open a window that is NOT as admin and the other will open cmd window as ADMIN. I copied the 2nd to my desktop, currently, this is the only way I can get a CMD window as admin. If I want to run any other commands as ADMIN, right-clicking on the command and selecting "Run as Admin" does NOT work.

I have a home PC, win10 x64 v 1909, build 18363.657

I've searched the internet for a solution, found tons of suggestions, none of which resolved the issue for me.

I'm the only user on my PC and I have admin rights.

:)

2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

cannot run as admin

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

cannot run as admin

1. cannot run as admin - Similar Threads - cannot run admin

2. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  3. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Can not run as admin .

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not run as admin .: At cmd prompt : C:Users\*****PC >sfc /scannow Can not run ,not recognized as admin ????? My account is registered as Local user /admin. Have had no problems installing or deleting apps /programs prior to installing the latest win10 updates and CU updates dated 2 days ago....
  7. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  8. running DOS as ADMIN

in Windows 10 Support
    running DOS as ADMIN: I would like to run a command (schtasks) that requires ADMIN privileges. I added schtasks to a bat file (along with my other DOS commands that do not require ADMIN priviliges), right-clicked its shortcut and chose the RUN AS ADMIN option. A DOS screen appeared for a...
  9. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...
  10. Cannot run any programs in admin mode and cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run any programs in admin mode and cannot open task manager: Hi. I have a PC with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit installed. (Ver. 10.0.17134) Ever since a forceful shutdown due to a freeze, I have been experiencing the following issues: Any program that I try to run on admin mode gives the error:"Windows cannot find...