Windows 10: Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin...

Discus and support Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 1 pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 i9-9900K, 32 GB Running my normal, user account which is an admin acct Have not done any upgrades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom4400, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Tom4400 Win User

Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin...

Windows 1 pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

i9-9900K, 32 GB

Running my normal, user account which is an admin acct

Have not done any upgrades recently that I know of to Windows

When I start or restart Windows I am unable to run as administrator

- No response to Command Prompt as admin (non admin cmd works OK)

- No response to Powershell as admin (non admin works OK)

- File Explorer does not start when selected from task bar

- OneDrive grayed out

Then - what seems me to be very weird -- after approx 15 minutes of on time, run as admin suddenly works again. And, the previously non responsive attempts to open file explorer, powershell as admin and cmd as admin suddenly open and pop up on the screen. Weird!!

I have a second admin account that I set up for emergency use. That account does not exhibit this issue. If I log into my normal user account and have the run as admin issue described above and then switch users to the backup admin account I find no issues with the backup account.

I am in over my head on this one. Have searched community and other online sources for ideas. Have run sfc and dism. Ran DISM with /RestoreHealth, and it found some things to clean up, but the problem persists.

Appreciate any thought/ideas what I might try. Thanks!

:)

Tom4400, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin...

Run as admin fails

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

You may try the followings steps:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Waseemulla S, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin...

1. Cannot run as administrator - intermittent issue - 15 minutes after a restart run as admin... - Similar Threads - Cannot run administrator

2. Issues running CMD as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues running CMD as administrator: When I click 'Run as administrator' nothing pops up. This seems to be a recurring issue with a lot of my programs especially my start button. I have tried restarting windows explorer on my taskbar and it works temporarily. There has to be corrupted files of some sort....
  3. Issues running CMD as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues running CMD as administrator: When I click 'Run as administrator' nothing pops up. This seems to be a recurring issue with a lot of my programs especially my start button. I have tried restarting windows explorer on my taskbar and it works temporarily. There has to be corrupted files of some sort....
  4. "Run this program as an administrator" unchecks after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Run this program as an administrator" unchecks after restarting PC: Every time I restart my computer, I have to recheck the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator" on a certain app that I want to always run with elevated priveliges. I don't know why it keeps happening and I want Windows to run it as admin every time. How do I make...
  5. Cannot run a program as administrator

Cannot run a program as administrator: Hello,Last week, I sent my laptop to my IT team's company to install VPN for me to work remotely at home. So, everything went smoothly when I log in as usual into my windows but the problem is I can't open certain program which requires 'run as administrator'. Suddenly, it...
  6. Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to "Run As Administrator" on an Admin account.: Hi everyone, Unable to "Run As Administrator" on anAdmin account. Is this a feature that is disabled with the Windows Insider preview releases? If so, is there a tweak like a registry key that will reenable this please? I'm not really wanting to go back to theslow...
  7. cannot run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot run as admin: For several months I have NOT been able to run anything as admin. If I search for "cmd", right-click it in the search results and select run as admin nothing happens. If I select "run" a CMD window will open. If I boot to safemode still I cannot run as admin. At...
  8. Intermittent Issue With Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Issue With Run as Administrator: My windows machine suddenly developed a problem that keeps me from running programs as administrator. Very strange, but the problem goes away about 20 minutes after boot up. I am running Windows 10 pro Version 1909 Build 18363.476 Dell R8 with i9-9900K, 32 GB Running my...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run everything as admin / default administrative permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run everything as admin / default administrative permission: Hello, The constant need for administrator permission and the need to run everything as administrator is something that frustrates me endlessly in windows. I'm talking about thinks like copy pasting, name change or the need to run cmd as administrator for some commands....