Windows 10: Cannot run BAT file with Task Scheduler "Access Denied".

Discus and support Cannot run BAT file with Task Scheduler "Access Denied". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I am learning some basic batch scripting and I've created a file with the following code: [img] All this does is move various file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rup, Apr 16, 2017.

1. RUP
    Rup Win User

Cannot run BAT file with Task Scheduler "Access Denied".

Hi all.

I am learning some basic batch scripting and I've created a file with the following code:

Cannot run BAT file with Task Scheduler "Access Denied". [​IMG]

All this does is move various file types to various folders to clean up my desktop.
    If I click on the .bat file directly it works great. But if I try to run it from task scheduler I get:

Here are my settings:

I tried using the "run weather user is logged on or not" and with/without "highest privileges". Im using my default account on my computer which is the administrator account.

I am using Windows 10 Pro.

:)

2. How to run concurrent batch jobs in task scheduler

Try copy pasting it please

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Parallel_scheduled_tasks/ss1.jpg

I had tried this. Make a bat file, which contains below :

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE0.BAT

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE1.BAT

START CLEAR_PHOTOSBYDATE2.BAT

Double click...runs great. Right click, run as administrator, and it can not find the files...it does this in Task Scheduler too. This tells me task scheduler runs as admin.

My properties are as:

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/Parallel_scheduled_tasks/properties.jpg

Janning197, Apr 16, 2017
  3. SamJoe404 Win User
    How can I get through "Access is denied" errors in Command Prompt in Windows 10?

Hi Nachappa C K.

I was using Command Prompt under administrator, and when I was running a .bat file to install Microsoft Anna on Windows 10, it was giving me "Access is denied." quotes in the Command Prompt; even when I used the hidden Built-in Administrator. I've actually
    solved my problem now. I went to the folder my .bat file was trying to copy files to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\TTS20), then I changed the owner from SYSTEM to my user account. After trying restlessly to give CREATOR OWNER
    privileges, I decided to Update and Restart. After the computer did so, I went to the .bat file and ran it under administrator again. It showed way less "Access is denied." quotes, then I checked to see if Microsoft Anna was working, and as it turned out,
    she did.

Thanks for your reply!

SamJoe404, Apr 16, 2017
  4. mQ573 Win User

You should set the default directory before moving files. In your case:
    CD %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

mQ573, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Look very closely at that screenshot. You'll see that when launched by Task Scheduler it is running in the folder C:\Windows\System32 and not in your Desktop as it is when you run it by clicking on it.

6. RUP
    Rup Win User
    Well I just solved it by adding a "start in" option and putting in the path and then I came here and you guys were right! Silly beginner mistake. I assumed that the .bat file would operate from the directory it lived in. Thanks!

7. I place my batch files (along with other small utility programs that do not need installing) in C:\Utilities and then added that folder to the environment, path. Kind of helps me anyway.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot run BAT file with Task Scheduler "Access Denied". - Similar Threads - Cannot run BAT

2. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  3. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not: Hi,I am using Windows 10 Pro. I created a simple .BAT file with the following location and filename:C:\PK_Temp\test.batCurrently, my test.bat file consists of just the following two commands ...Echo "Hi Paul" pause... When I run this .BAT file manually, the Windows Command...
  4. Windows Task Scheduler - Running a .BAT File whether user is logged on or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  7. access denied to .BAT file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to .BAT file: I did a clean install of 1809 as I was having some issues no one had an answer for. In the process 1903 was released so I updated. I had to reinstall a program that was working in 1809. It is run inside a BAT file that first accesses my NAS to copy data files. The BAT...
  8. Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File

Scheduled Task Won't Launch Program with .bat File: I wrote a couple simple bat files to both shut down and launch Adobe Media Encoder on a Windows 10 machine. When I double click on them, both launch and execute flawlessly. However when I schedule a task and click to run them from the scheduled task, the status just shows...
  9. Start VM via bat file in Windows Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Start VM via bat file in Windows Task Scheduler: I'm attempting to start a VM from a bat file with Windows 10 Task Scheduler. The bat by itself and the script via CMD execute correctly, though I cannot get it to run as a bat in Task Scheduler. I've tried different configurations, directly from a CMD, etc. Interesting...
  10. Task Scheduler and Bat File Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler and Bat File Problem: Hi, Not sure which forum to post this in, but hopefully someone has some insight and can help me with this. I have a simple .bat file that stops my media server, creates an archive of a folder (for backup purposes), and then starts the media server again. It works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import scheduled task access denied

2. access denied when start batch file by task scheduler

3. access denied network path task scheduler

4. bat file access denied error when running from excel only,
  5. task scheduler fails access denied,
  6. task scheduler batch file access denied,
  7. execute task scheduler from access ,
  8. access denied on windows scheduled task folder,
  9. windows scheduled task enable in batch file access is denied,
  10. access denied using task scheuuler in powershell,
  11. error: access is denied running taskscheduler task from bat file,
  12. access denied running task from bat file,
  13. access denied when rscheduled task from batchfileunning ,
  14. windows 10 task scheduler access denied,
  15. Cannot run Cmd file with Task Scheduler Access Denied.