Windows 10: Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...

Discus and support Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know what is happening to my computer since the last Windows 10 update. The latest problems started with my Logitch wireless mouse no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Florio, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Florio Win User

Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...

I don't know what is happening to my computer since the last Windows 10 update. The latest problems started with my Logitch wireless mouse no longer being recognised (still haven't solved this problem), but things are worse now; I cannot run chkdsk or do a system restore. And a number of programs (like Microsofto Office) are very unresponsive. How can I get the checkdisk to run, or do a system restore? HELP!!

:)

Florio, Sep 13, 2017

2. Chkdsk not working

Okay, so when i boot up my pc it will not load windows, it tries to run a repair then diagnose the problem before evntually coming up with a blue screen and text saying that the restore didnt work.

Ive tried system restore and all that and it wont work, i looked online and found that running the command prompt chkdsk /F may work in fixing the problem. However anytime i try to run chkdsk /f it says that 'Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume
    becasue it is write protected'.

I googled that error and found that a way around that is chkdsk c: /f /r /x. I tried that, and it runs and then says that no problems were found and that no action is needed. However i still cant run chkdsk /f (the same error message comes up) and when i
    run chkdsk on its own it says that problems were found and to use the /F funtion.

Any ideas?

Novashuffle, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Gamboa_CZ Win User
    Chkdsk /f

My operating system is windows 10. When I try to run chkdsk /f from the safe mode I get "Cannot run chkdsk /f. drive is write protected. "I am the administrator and the drive is not write protected.

Help

Gamboa_CZ, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...

Try restarting your computer in safe mode. When you go to restart your computer, hold shift as you click on restart. This will bring up the recovery options. There should be a catagory labled Advanced options (or something to that effect, I cant recall for sure what it is right now.) In there you will get the option to enable safe mode. Choose safe mode with networking, and try again from there to run the chkdsk /f and maybe the system restore as well.

ArazelEternal, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Try running chkdsk c: it won't fix anything but will report any problems it will often work when /f won't if it comes back clear you know it's ok

Samuria, Sep 13, 2017
  6. Dane Win User
    When you run chkdsk command, what error message did you get?
    If you want to do a system restore, you can go here:
    1, click Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery
    2, There are 2 options, if you want to Reset system, just click the Get started button. If you want to do s system restore, click Restart now button under Advanced startup
    3, If you choose Restart now, when system restarted, you will see 3 options, click Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> System Restore
    4, follow steps to run the restore

Dane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow...

1. Cannot run chkdsk /f or do a system restore. And everything is slow... - Similar Threads - Cannot run chkdsk

2. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  3. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  4. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  5. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  6. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Chkdsk /f Stuck

Chkdsk /f Stuck: Hi,Recently, my Lenovo E590 laptop has been sluggish. I have run an antivirus scan with nothing reported and also a sfcscannow with nothing reported. However, when I ran DISM /restorehealth, it reported two Attribute Record corrupt file segments. Then I ran chkdsk/f and it...
  8. System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x

System crashes after run CHKDSK /f /r /x: today, 2nd time run CHKDSK /f /r /x .. after long time - didn't run it; & detected for sure PROBLEMS - 5x consequent crashes with Blue Screen; .. as it was all the time - some hardware issue; notebook ASUS X550CC, end January 2014, in Utilities until it runs; .. have...
  9. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  10. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...