Windows 10: Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Discus and support Cannot run DM log Collector Tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daniellouwrens, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Hi

I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

The file was downloaded from the BSOD forum here
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jan 8, 2017

2. WIN 10 BSOD, seems completely random.

Here is another LINK with all relevant info and logs collected by the Windows 10 Forum DM Log Collector Tool

XxInvictus, Jan 8, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Please fill out your System Specs.
    See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums
    Provide as much information as you can as it will help us to help you.

Look at my System Specs for an idea of what should be there. May not need all I provide but a lot of it can be very helpful.

You can try right clicking on dm_log_collector.exe and selecting Run as Administrator, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Hi

I've filled in my specs, and have tried installing as right click/admin and double clicking, and compatibility mode but nothing works.

cheers

Daniel

6. Ztruker Win User
    Rename the current dm_log_collector.exe then download it again and compare them, see if they are the same or different.

The crc and sha values for the exe should be:

Attachment 116357

If they are not then there is something wrong with the file you downloaded.

Note; I use 7-Zip which adds a CRC/SHA entry to the right click Context menu.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  7. Hi

I cannot see where 7-Zip adds a CRC/SHA entry to the right click Context menu.

cheers

Daniel

8. Ztruker Win User

You need a later version. I have 15.14 (64 bit). Looks like this:

Attachment 116358

Click on the * to get all of them.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  9. Hi

the file I am downloading from the forum link is different, see the attached

10. Hi

all sorted, I was using a download accelerator and the file was too small, a standard download is working.

Thanks for your help, it was the checksum failure that showed the problem and cause.

I will go ahead and post my BSOD problem.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool - Similar Threads - Cannot run log

2. Cannot run fresh start tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run fresh start tool: I cannot run the Fresh Start tool. I just get error message: Ox80072F76-Ox20016Please helpThanks Tom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-fresh-start-tool/0e996814-c88a-42b5-89c4-30a3fe1687d3
  3. Cannot run fresh start tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run fresh start tool: I cannot run the Fresh Start tool. I just get error message: Ox80072F76-Ox20016Please helpThanks Tom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-fresh-start-tool/0e996814-c88a-42b5-89c4-30a3fe1687d3
  4. The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus: I'm using Bitdefender. It kept blocking the log collector when I ran it. Eventually, it found a .cab file in my temp files that it did not like, and quarantined it, describing the nature of the threat as "Atc4.Detection". Any thoughts? Update: Attached output of DM Log...
  5. BETA Log Collector is not working

BETA Log Collector is not working: I downloaded the files, extracted them and and tried to open the file log-collector.ink as explained in this post: BSOD - Posting Instructions but about 2 seconds after I opened the file it closes itself and I cant interact with it at all. how do i troubleshoot it? 129714
  6. Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open): In the BSOD forum there are two log collectors: DM and BETA BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums In the VIP forum there is a thread for Improving the Log Collection Script. Improving the Log Collection Script There is a new version of the BETA log collector that...
  7. How long for DM Log to collect data?

How long for DM Log to collect data?: How long does the DM logger take to run? I know it says "a while" but it's been going for more than 30 mins now. Over 30 *Redface 44564
  8. Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached

Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached: Hi all, I'm new here so sorry if i've made a mistake in my post or if these problems already have a solution. I'm using a brand new ThinkPad T450s. Sometimes when the display times out (if im inactive for a while) the power light will stay on meaning the computer is not...
  9. DM Log tool problem

DM Log tool problem: I have BSOD crashes every couple hours. It is not a heat issue. My screen either goes to the BSOD screen ot it just goes black and restarts. I have tried to run the dm log tool and when I do it results in two files on my desktop, one is temp.txt, the other is xxx zipIt.vbs. I...
  10. Log Collector Fails

Log Collector Fails: Hello! When I run the log collector and press a key when it says to, a command prompt appears but almost instantly disappears as a bunch of lines quickly flash by. After, there is a folder on my desktop called TF debug files but it is full of empty text files. A text file...