Windows 10: Cannot Run Macrium Restore

Discus and support Cannot Run Macrium Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I cannot run Macrium Restore. Macrium Backup runs just fine. I am the current release of Windows: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572} When I try to restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TexasBandit, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Cannot Run Macrium Restore

I cannot run Macrium Restore. Macrium Backup runs just fine. I am the current release of Windows:

20H2 (OS Build 19042.572}

When I try to restore using Macrium, it cannot build the PE. I have attached screenshots of the error. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

Cannot Run Macrium Restore [​IMG]

:)

TexasBandit, Oct 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Using Macrium to restore mbr image of Win 10 to NVMe GPT

Hello

• I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 build 18362.959 on a
    • Dell Optiplex 7040 MT w/16GB RAM and 512GB 2.5" SSD
    • Win 10 is still MBR partitioned
    • I'm adding a 500GB NVMe I purchased from Crucial
    • I'm using Macrium Home Edition v7.2.5107 (s/b latest version)

I want to restore my backup image from a USB external drive to the NVMe and convert MBR to GPT partitioning as well. I understand I should disable the SATA 2.5" SSD in BIOS before the restore.

What I'm not sure of: will Macrium restore to new Hardware (the NVMe) and by default also convert from MBR to GPT or are there additional steps to get the partitioning done as part of the restore? Any other tips/info you think might be helpful in the process are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for the help! Cannot Run Macrium Restore :)

ComputerGeek, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Cannot Run Macrium Restore

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Run Macrium Restore

1. Cannot Run Macrium Restore - Similar Threads - Cannot Run Macrium

2. Running Macrium destroys System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Running Macrium destroys System Restore points: Sorry for repeating a question I've asked here before, but I've still not been able to fix it. Before installing Macrium my restore points remained intact for as long as I wished or until storage capacity was reached, which was a matter of MONTHS. After installing Macrium...
  3. Running Macrium destroys System Restore points

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Macrium destroys System Restore points: Sorry for repeating a question I've asked here before, but I've still not been able to fix it. Before installing Macrium my restore points remained intact for as long as I wished or until storage capacity was reached, which was a matter of MONTHS. After installing Macrium...
  4. Problems With Macrium Restore

Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  5. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  6. Macrium: trial restore?

Macrium: trial restore?: So far I've never had to restore an image and I'm not brave enough to wipe my OS as an experiment. But I have plenty of disk capacity, either on my internal 4 TB D or one of my external USB drives. So as a second-best is it possible to restore my OS disk C image (135 GB) to...
  7. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  8. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  9. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  10. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...