Windows 10: Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408

Discus and support Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 x64 1903 I cannot run powercfg /batteryreport from an elevated command prompt. The error: "C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frustrated Noob, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408

Hi,

Windows 10 x64 1903

I cannot run powercfg /batteryreport from an elevated command prompt. The error:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /batteryreport
    Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x408 has occurred: null"

Diagnostic Policy Service is running.

Power service is running.

Ran:

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

To no avail.

Ran:

"sfc /scannow"

To no avail.

Tried running "powercfg /batteryreport" command from another admin profile, to no avail.

"Powercfg /?" returns the list of commands. Some commands produce the same error, others do not.

:)

Frustrated Noob, Jan 3, 2020

2. Error 0x422 on running powercfg /batteryreport from Administrator Command Prompt

Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408 ee00e146-330d-4846-83d3-191f844a89d0.png

I run on Windows 10 Home Single Language.

The command worked twice previously, but mysteriously stopped functioning later on, giving this error.

I've also tried powercfg /batteryreport /output C:\some\path\here.

I've checked this thread, and have not received a plausible answer.

ShivamMukherjee, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Error 0x422 on running powercfg /batteryreport from Administrator Command Prompt

I know this is an old thread, but I had the exact same problem and error message, so want to add the solution that worked for me as this is the top search result for the error message.

After a bit of searching, I discovered to check whether the "Diagnostic Policy Service" in services.msc is disabled. It was disabled on my machine. Once I enabled and ran the service, I was able to run a batteryreport.

ElephantPancakes, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408

Powercfg /batteryreport missing values in all capacity fields.

Hi Sebastian,

It may have something to do with the Region Format setting in Windows. Try this workaround and see if this resolves the issue:

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Region, click Change date, time, or number formats.

Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408 b1b78c11-9f77-48e1-b482-08aedc246ea6.png

3. Click the drop-down arrow under Format: and select English (United States)
    and Apply.

4. Run powercfg /batteryreport again and check if the missing values have been added.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408

1. Cannot run powercfg /batteryreport. Error 0x408 - Similar Threads - Cannot run powercfg

2. Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408: Hi,I'm using Windows 11 CoreHomeSingle Edition.While I try to run powercfg /batteryreport i am getting error of 0x408.There is no other BatteryReport.html in system32 folder.Can i get a solution for it?...
  3. Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408: Hi,I'm using Windows 11 CoreHomeSingle Edition.While I try to run powercfg /batteryreport i am getting error of 0x408.There is no other BatteryReport.html in system32 folder.Can i get a solution for it?...
  4. powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...

powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...: is there any fix to this error? powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has occurred: The file system encountered a metadata file with inconsistent data....
  5. powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408: I enable the services checked and clean the registry, but nothing happened.What I do Now?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-batteryreport-error-0x408/55f2b0e6-7f58-4a15-a8b2-7fe464ecc760
  6. powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408

powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408: I enable the services checked and clean the registry, but nothing happened.What I do Now?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-batteryreport-error-0x408/55f2b0e6-7f58-4a15-a8b2-7fe464ecc760
  7. powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. powercfg //batteryreport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    powercfg //batteryreport: i cant check my batery health on both windows powershell and command prompt both using admin when i type powercfg /battery report it says you do not have the permissions to perform this action .what can i do...
  9. powercfg /batteryreport doesn't report in detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powercfg /batteryreport doesn't report in detail: I usually check my battery health using powershell and this time i check it, usage history, battery capacity history and life estimation are blank. I don't know why but i think it's because i installed something like batterylimiter/throttlestop? Or perhaps because i reset my...
  10. powercfg /batteryreport "file already exists"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    powercfg /batteryreport "file already exists": Currently trying to run a battery report on my HP laptop but I'm repeatedly getting the error message in both Command Prompt and PowerShell: Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0xb7) has occurred: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the term batteryreport is not recognized

2. powercfg 0x408

3. sleepstudy fehler 0x408

4. powercfg batteryreport error,
  5. powercfg errors,
  6. windows update エラー 0x8024a21e