Windows 10: Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds

Discus and support Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I pre-loaded The Outer Worlds and played it on release, however today when i went to play it it would not recognize it as being installed. I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DylanParrant, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds

I pre-loaded The Outer Worlds and played it on release, however today when i went to play it it would not recognize it as being installed. I tried to reinstall it on my D: drive but it would not work however it would install on my C: drive. I went searching through my D: drive and found the hidden folder in WindowsApps and found that all the files were still there. Most of the files i do not have the permissions to modify, move or delete so the files are stuck on my D: drive and i cannot play the game using them and i cannot delete them to reinstall the game, because when i try to install the game it sees that there are already the files there even though the windows store will not recognize them to run the game. I tried changing the permissions for the folder however the folder belongs to system so i cannot change the permissions with the admin account.

:)

DylanParrant, Nov 2, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 2, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds

solitaire world tour

Hi Paul,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why the game Solitaire World Tour crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Are you using wired connection?
    • Have you tried using different profile to access the game?

In the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds

1. Cannot run, reinstall or delete The Outer Worlds - Similar Threads - Cannot run reinstall

2. Game pass keeps reinstalling Outer Worlds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game pass keeps reinstalling Outer Worlds: I bought game pass last fall for Outer Worlds. Played it a bit back then and forgot about it. Fast froward to April, I cancel game pass because I am not using it and uninstall Outer Worlds. Some time goes by and I notice my storage is almost full on my PC again. I also...
  3. Outer Worlds 0x87E00013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outer Worlds 0x87E00013: Is there any solution to this? Every thread I've found while searching has gotten exactly zero support and just gets closed by mods. What is going on here? I bought the game straight up from Microsoft Store. It has an update but it keeps getting this error - 0x87E00013...
  4. Outer Worlds is not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer Worlds is not launching: Played just fine the last couple of days, but for some reason it is not launching at all. I have tried launching from the Xbox app, Microsoft Store, the Start menu pin and task bar pin. There are no failed launches in the Task Manager. It isn't even trying to start up the...
  5. Outer worlds wont run - File system error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer worlds wont run - File system error: Im getting the error - File system error (-2143322101) Running win10, clean install. Game was working yesterday. Google has no answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outer-worlds-wont-run-file-system-error/4c55798e-4579-41bc-a007-23d627e01a0f
  6. The Outer Worlds won't start.

The Outer Worlds won't start.: Worked fine yesterday, now nothing happens when i press the play button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-outer-worlds-wont-start/3af9d0c9-fb88-403c-a475-9eaf20901596"
  7. The Outer Worlds failed to download. Cannot download again

The Outer Worlds failed to download. Cannot download again: I tried to install The Outer Worlds on PC using the microsoft store however got the error code 0x80073cf3. I then downloaded the Xbox app and tried to install it through there. It gets to 100% downloaded before spitting out the same error. Now when I click install it shows...
  8. I cannot download Outer Worlds on the Microsoft Store.

I cannot download Outer Worlds on the Microsoft Store.: I'm trying to download the recently released game on the Microsoft Store since I got XBOX Game Pass to play. But for some reason, I cannot download the game. I click on the install button and it does absolutely nothing. I still have this problem after searching and...
  9. The Outer Worlds not available in Malaysia ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds not available in Malaysia ???: As title said, I tried using the MS Store built in Windows itself first, the game is no where to be found. Then I went to their site if I go to the US MS site, it's available. But if I were to go to my country site, Malaysia. it be grey out and state Game Isn't Available.......
  10. The Outer Worlds will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Outer Worlds will not install: I preordered the game through the Microsoft Store. The install button is there, I press it and a quick install bar fills up. A window pops up and says its installed but when I click on the window it takes me back to the game's store page and the install button is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the outer worlds wont uninstall on pc

2. uninstall outer worlds

3. cant delete outer worlds open in another program

4. reinstall the outer worlds,
  5. does the outer worlds on microsofts store run badly