Windows 10: Cannot run, uninstall or install MSFS2020 from MS Store

Discus and support Cannot run, uninstall or install MSFS2020 from MS Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft Store. It's always had issues, but now seems to be totally stuck. I can't run it says the device it's on is no... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by robb1502, Feb 7, 2021.

1. robb1502 Win User

Cannot run, uninstall or install MSFS2020 from MS Store

I bought MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft Store. It's always had issues, but now seems to be totally stuck. I can't run it says the device it's on is no longer connected uninstall it reports an error and tells me to "try again later" or install it store offers only "play" as an option.

I've tried resetting the store, signing out and signing in, resetting and repairing MSFS, everything I could find online.

What do I do?

:)

robb1502, Feb 7, 2021

2. Uninstalling MS Store apps?

I uninstalled them (Revo Uninstaller) but in MS Store all the apps are still on the list... with "Install" button next to them. I want to remove them from that list.

TomazDrnovsek, Feb 7, 2021
  3. MSFS2020 Installation Problem - Code but no download

Wir haben einen Code für MSFS2020 gekauft (Amazon) und bei MS App Store hinterlegt. Trotz "das Programm gehört Ihnen" erfolgt kein download. Wie kann der Fehler behoben werden??

We bought a code for MSFS2020 (Amazon) and deposited it at MS App Store. Despite "the program is yours" there is no download. How can the error be fixed?

Dr. JoEndres, Feb 7, 2021
  4. MoLew63 Win User

Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD on which the OS (Win10 Pro) was installed. I used cloning software to clone the OS drive onto a new nvme
    drive, successfully. I purchased a new Win10 Pro license, and successfully activated it as required for the new motherboard.

All my other apps and programs operate as intended, including Office 365, various Adobe apps and other flight sim software (Prepar3D, etc.) When I started MSFS however, it initially showed that an update was required. The update failed. Subsequent retries
    and various other solutions posted here and elsewhere concerning how to fix the MS Store and/or MSFS2020 have failed.

Attempting direct file removal has also failed since the folder that is created for MSFS is inaccessible even for the system administrator. I've taken ownership of that folder and still cannot rename or remove the files.

All I want is a clean removal and reinstall action of MSFS2020. I've paid for the high end version of that flight sim, I expect to be able to use it.

Suggestions?

MoLew63, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot run, uninstall or install MSFS2020 from MS Store - Similar Threads - Cannot run uninstall

2. Cannot install some apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install some apps from MS store: Hello i cannot install some apps from MS storeApps that i can install are itunes, apple music, MS photos old, spotifyApps that i cannot install are MS teams, powertoys, VLCLog shows thisInformation when installation status changed id: XP8BT8DW290MPQ packageFamilyName:...
  3. Cannot install some apps from MS store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install some apps from MS store: Hello i cannot install some apps from MS storeApps that i can install are itunes, apple music, MS photos old, spotifyApps that i cannot install are MS teams, powertoys, VLCLog shows thisInformation when installation status changed id: XP8BT8DW290MPQ packageFamilyName:...
  4. Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020: My MSFS2020 premium deluxe version was bought from date of released, i remember download it from Microsoft Store before. Today when i play it, it said i have no internet connection, and then popup a xbox window told me i had not login. But the fact is i connect to internet...
  5. Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020: My MSFS2020 premium deluxe version was bought from date of released, i remember download it from Microsoft Store before. Today when i play it, it said i have no internet connection, and then popup a xbox window told me i had not login. But the fact is i connect to internet...
  6. Xbox app cannot install MSFS2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Cannot install Among Us from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Among Us from MS Store: I cannot install Among US from the MS Store. On the first attempt, it did appear to be installing but after it failed to install after several hours, I rebooted. After rebooting, I was unable to restart the installation. When I click on the blue Install button, it disappears...
  8. MSFS2020 do not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS2020 do not run: Hello.On August 2020 I have purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Standard version from the Microsoft Store and downloaded it as a fully digital version even with a license.Since then, eight months MFS 2020 worked flawlessly for me. A few days ago, after clicking on the...
  9. Cannot install MSFS2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install MSFS2020: I purchased MSFS2020, but cannot get the store to recognise my W10 PC device, so cannot proceed with installation???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-msfs2020/65859250-387e-4fb4-9192-a38badcd8bc6
  10. Cannot run apps installed from windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot run apps installed from windows store: I can no longer access my apps purchased or installed from the windows store. Specifically Photoshop Elements or iTunes but also others. When I try to run the apps, I get the same message everytime…."Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...