Windows 10: Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

Discus and support Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Viv Pyner, May 30, 2023.

1. Viv Pyner Win User

Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it. Options are :-Report this error to Microsoft, then shut down MMC.Unload the snap-in and continue running When I choose the second option I get Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-inFX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}Exception has been thrown by the tar

:)

Viv Pyner, May 30, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner 274773d1587048469t-windows-security-virus-scan-1.png

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner 274774d1587048581t-windows-security-virus-scan-2.png

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 30, 2023
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 30, 2023
  4. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

Gmail has a virus scanner

Gmail has finally got a virus scanner. It will scan incoming mail and attachments you are trying to send. If the virus scanner can not clean the file it will not let you donwload the file or send the attachment. This also will wonder if Google is going to release a free desktop virus scanner.

Source: MSFN
    Source: Tweakers.net (German)

live2game2003, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

1. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner - Similar Threads - Cannot run virus

2. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  3. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!: My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now. Each time the status bar is almost finished, the Files Infected shows 14. Then a few minutes later, still before it finishes...
  4. Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus untouched by Security Scanner, help!: My wife caught some kind of virus on our computer. I have used all the free scans, with no results, and Microsoft Security Scanner three times now. Each time the status bar is almost finished, the Files Infected shows 14. Then a few minutes later, still before it finishes...
  5. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  6. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  7. Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run

Cannot Get Windows Security Manual Scan To Run: From the Windows Security screen, I am trying to run a manual scan. No matter which option I try Quick Scan or Full Scan, nothing happens. Near the top of the screen it says "No current threats" - but I have always been able to manually run a scan in the past even though it...
  8. Running WIndows security scan

Running WIndows security scan: Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats. why isn't it doing anything about them ?...
  9. Windows Security Virus Scan

Windows Security Virus Scan: This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error...
  10. Running Virus Scan in Excel

Running Virus Scan in Excel: How do you turn off the feature … Running Virus Scan … in Excel ? Every time I open a document in Excel it runs the virus scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-virus-scan-in-excel/e1cc17ee-9e94-48b5-be6b-2bcddcb5b6c6