Windows 10: Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking

Discus and support Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing repeated BSOD in Windows 10 and really trying every possible solution to figure out the problem. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathan1123, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking

Hello,

I have been experiencing repeated BSOD in Windows 10 and really trying every possible solution to figure out the problem.

I am trying to see if I had missed a critical installation. For that, I need to run the Windows Update.

Windows update runs normally. However, the BSOD happens before it is ever able to finish the update. Therefore, I tried switching to Safe Mode, plug in an Ethernet cable, and try completing the update that way.

Now, in Safe Mode the Windows update fails to open. It shows a blank white screen with symbols to show it is loading, but never completes.

What do I do now?

Nathan

:)

Nathan1123, Oct 31, 2020

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Safe mode with networking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Sometimes it might not work since safe mode allows only a minimum drivers.

I would suggest you run the Network Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your issue.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Network Adapter. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking

1. Cannot run Windows update while in Safe Mode with Networking - Similar Threads - Cannot run update

2. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  3. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  4. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  6. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  7. Networking in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Networking in safe mode: Hi. Hope you are doing well. I have an HP laptop and it was working perfectly until recently, as soon as I sign-in to my Microsoft account the screen starts to Flicker wildly, when I try to open the task manager it prompts an error related to 'd3d12.dll not found'. After...
  8. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/
  9. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking: Problem I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment. I have some files that Edge corrupted when it downloaded them, but will not let me delete. So I quickly looked online and it suggested that I go to systems configuration and...
  10. How to run browser in safe mode with networking?

in Browsers and Email
    How to run browser in safe mode with networking?: How can I run a browser in safe mode with networking? I tried running edge and chrome and nothing happened, after I learned a way to get wi-fi access in this mode. 94762