Windows 10: Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

Discus and support Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the second time I have not been able to safely eject an external drive. The first one now will not load up and asks me to format it. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarshaSavage, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

This is the second time I have not been able to safely eject an external drive. The first one now will not load up and asks me to format it. I have not done that because it has documents on it that I need to recover. It was a different brand and I think it was a Passport external drive.

This is a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive, 2 TB and has most of my photos and documents on it. The computer shut down before I could eject and I wonder if that is the problem. It keeps telling me " Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device. This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again."

I have closed anything that is running and there is nothing that I can see that is using this device. I am at a loss as to what to do now. I am not someone that works on computers, but just enough to know a little about good use of the computer. I can follow instructions if they are precisely written. I am on a Dell laptop and using Windows 10.

I don't want to just pull the cord out because I think it will then be unusable like the Passport external drive.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Marsha Savage

:)

MarshaSavage, Dec 9, 2018

2. Seagate expansion portable drive not recognised by Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (home basic) my external portable drive is not recognized. I was using the same in Windows 7 without any problem. Do I have to install a driver for Seagate expansion portable drive (500gb). If so kindly provide
    the link to download the drive. I could not find any help in Seagate's web site hence this request.

Gvedantham, Dec 9, 2018
  3. BelindaM. Win User
    Seagate expansion portable drive not recognised by Windows 10

I am facing the same issue. I bought a Seagate expansion portable drive 1T and my Dell inspiron 1545 is running on W10 however, its not detecting the portable.

I've downloaded seagate's softwares and tools all of which see the drive and shows that the drive is fully functional. Windows see the drive in manager however I can't backup the drive or see whats in it...

I've been dong research online and saw that Seagate hasn't yet updated the paragon software for Windows since it's default was set for Mac.

What is Microsoft doing about this?

BelindaM., Dec 9, 2018
  4. Moody Hay Win User

Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

I am running Windows 10 and unable to save data to a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

I am running Windows 10 and unable to save data to a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

Moody Hay, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

1. Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive - Similar Threads - Cannot safely eject

2. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  3. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  4. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  5. Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, prior to my update I was using my external Seagate drive as my backup location, however since the update, backup is not finding the drive. The drive is working perfectly for all other tasks and is shown on Disk Managment as a...
  6. Cannot Access New Seagate 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Access New Seagate 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 Drive: i just purchased a new seagate 2tb expansion usb 3.0 drive and no matter what i do i can not access it. when i first received it i plugged it in, open it once it showed up in pc, tried to copy files to it and was told to no disk in drive d, checked properties and they said 0...
  7. Can't safely remove Seagate Expansion drive connected using USB3.0SS

Can't safely remove Seagate Expansion drive connected using USB3.0SS: I've got a Seagate Expansion drive connected to my PC using a USB A - USB 3.0 micro B cable. I'm unable to find any "Safely remove" option, and at one point when unsafely removing I got a blue screen. I've tried: The tray. Nothing there. Running "rundll32...
  8. Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive

Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive: I got my new Seagate 2 TB Expansion Drive and made the first image of my new laptop (running Win 10 anniversary build) using Macrium Reflect. All went well, and I closed Macrium, then attempted to eject the external drive from the notification area. I consistently got an...
  9. Cannot eject safely usb external drive

Cannot eject safely usb external drive: Hello, The problem of beeing unable to eject the usb drive safely still exists, the only way I found (temporarily) is to disable it in the device manager, but then the change asks to restart the computer, if I do not restart, the drive is unabled. It seems I will have to...
  10. Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing

Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing: I have a perplexing problem. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that when I plug it into my USB3 port it appears in Explorer and sometimes I can even navigate through some of its folders. However after 2-5 minutes it just disappears and a message comes up "USB Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i eject my seagate drive

2. how to eject seagate drive

3. cannot eject expansion

4. how to eject seagate expansion drive,
  5. ejecting seagate,
  6. how to eject seagate portable drive,
  7. cannot eject seagate,
  8. why cant i eject my portable hard drive,
  9. eject expansion drive,
  10. how to eject a seagate drive,
  11. eject seagate expansion,