Windows 10: Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.

Discus and support Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. New to the forum. I have recently downloaded Windows 10. My clients will send me a PDF document, and up until now I have been saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerryz, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jerryz Win User

Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.

Hello everyone. New to the forum. I have recently downloaded Windows 10. My clients will send me a PDF document, and up until now I have been saving them to a specified folder. Now when I try to save it says something like "you do not have permission, contact administrator" I am signed on as administrator. Any thoughts?

:)

Jerryz, Aug 21, 2015
  2. LBU_981 Win User

PDF Document Printing - Windows 10

thanks for your suggestion, but sorry, does not work -

I am in the MAIL or EDGE application in WIN10 - and hit Ctrl. P (or use PRINT) - for normal documents no problem to print in PDF. (with Microsoft Print to PDF as a printer)

There is something happening, (the little activity circle turns) - but then I cannot find where the PDF was saved. I checked the download folder, but the file is not there.

can the path where the PDF saved be specified?

LBU_981, Aug 21, 2015
  3. jbala43 Win User
    Destination Folder/File for MS Print to PDF

Thank you for your response. No, I wasn't referring to save location of Windows+PrtScn. I was interested in specifying the location of the PDF file generated when we choose the printer 'Microsoft Print to PDF'. This now defaults to Document folder and
    there is no option to change that. I am not interested in changing the location from Document Properties nor I want to fiddle with reg keys by editing the registry. I want the freedom to specify the destination folder/file whenever I select to print to 'Microsoft
    Print to PDF'.

jbala43, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

I use foxit.

5. Jerryz Win User
    Ok. can you be a little more specific. I assume that's a program.

Jerryz, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Jerryz Win User
    Oh I know what it is, its a PDF reader. I have Adobe but I have created a folder in documents. It's when I try to save the PDF to that folder, is when I get the warning.

Jerryz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder. - Similar Threads - Cannot save PDF

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. cannot save a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot save a pdf: I cannot save a pdf to disc. Nothing happens after I hit the 'save as' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-a-pdf/07b580f7-8fe0-4bcc-8e5e-faf7007b900b
  4. cannot save a pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot save a pdf: I cannot save a pdf to disc. Nothing happens after I hit the 'save as' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-a-pdf/07b580f7-8fe0-4bcc-8e5e-faf7007b900b
  5. cannot save a pdf

6. saving a PDF to documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving a PDF to documents: how do I save a PDF document . I have never had an issue before. But when I work on the document I have down loaded , save as a doc, when I open it, it's blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-pdf-to-documents/099e2bb1-5973-4ceb-9708-c0f04a1601fe
  7. saving pdf in documents

saving pdf in documents: I have windows 10. Several updates back, I lost the ability to save pdf documents in the document folder on my desktop. No following updates have corrected this problem. I tried signing on as the administrator, still it didn't work, I recently bought a laptop, windows 10, had...
  8. Printing/not saving PDF documents

Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523