Windows 10: Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator

Discus and support Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - anyone know how to solve this issue? Since one of the updates some time ago I cannot save any documents to my desktop on my laptop. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IainBainbridge, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator

Hi - anyone know how to solve this issue?

Since one of the updates some time ago I cannot save any documents to my desktop on my laptop.

This is the message I get:

You don't have permission to save in this location - contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the documents folder instead?

I have administrator rights for my laptop

:)

IainBainbridge, Nov 24, 2020

2. administrator's permission required to save documents

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. When you say document, is it a Office Word document?

2. Did you try saving the document to a different location?

3. Do you face any other admin related issue?

I would suggest you to try enabling the built in admin mode through the command prompt by following the steps below and check again.

1. Press Windows key + X

2. Select "command prompt (admin)"

3. Type the command and press enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

Try saving the document and see if the issue persists.

4. Once you are done, enter the following command to disable the admin mode:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 24, 2020
  3. cannot save document to document file.

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to save documents. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you sign in as administrator?
    • Is the issue specific saving the file to this particular folder?
    • What type of file are you trying to save?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise when the user account that you have logged does not have Administrature previlage.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Check for the Administrator account.

3) Log Off from your computer and Login through Administrator account.

4) Again press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

5) Select your Microsoft Account and click on Properties button.

6) Click on Group Membership tab and check on Administrator.

7) Log off from your computer and try logging in through Microsoft account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Ketchum95 Win User

Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator

No Save, Need Administrator Permission

Hi,

This issue occurs only to Documents and the folders within it, i.e I can save to pictures and my desktop.

I did as you suggested, but just like Scott said, there is no "Local Administrators" group

Ketchum95, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator

1. Cannot save documents etc. to my desktop even though I'm the one and only administrator - Similar Threads - Cannot save documents

2. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  3. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  4. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot download flightsim 2020 from store even though I'm administrator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download flightsim 2020 from store even though I'm administrator: I have 2 issues: 1 I can no longer download flightsim 2020 from store even though I have been able to in the past. I had to uninstall a few times to try to make my Saitek x52 controller work properly 2 my Saitek x52 controller works fine in my older computer but I...
  6. WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT

WORD DOCUMENT IS NOT OPENING EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT: I HAVE MS WORD ...... I SAVED A DOCUMENT TODAY, IT DOES NOT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-is-not-opening-even-though-i-saved/a98173b7-e373-4d93-9bba-1cffab765c74
  7. Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator: Hello, I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection." Even though my user account is adminstrator, I can't un block this software. PLease help...
  8. Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...: Like the question says: I'm trying to install a brand new program onto my laptop Windows 10. When I try to run the setup.exe it pops up saying I can't do it without administrator permission... I amthe administrator. So I did some digging and found out how to go in and...
  9. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.: So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please...
  10. Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator: I can't run any apps as administrator. I right click and press ''run as administrator'' but literally nothing happens. this happens for every app. I am on an administrative account. I can still do other administrative actions such as deleting important files and changing...