Windows 10: Cannot save file

Discus and support Cannot save file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can I not save from Open Office, Thunderbird or Wordperfect but I can from Notepad or Wordpad, in Windows 10 Pro? The application freezes or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Donybruk, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Donybruk Win User

Cannot save file

Why can I not save from Open Office, Thunderbird or Wordperfect but I can from Notepad or Wordpad, in Windows 10 Pro? The application freezes or crashes.

:)

Donybruk, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Cannot save files in Documents

Hi,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding this issue like an issue with antivirus is not accepting your file in documents. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Which build of Windows are you running?
    • Are you running third party antivirus?
    • What program are you running to save on your documents?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    Billion Debbarma
    on September 19, 2015 in this
    thread
    . This thread is a related issue with your concern and will work on your Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Cannot save file

File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot save file

1. Cannot save file - Similar Threads - Cannot save file

2. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open saved files: Despite earlier advice form the Community I am still unable to open files saved in Documents/Pictures folders.I am using a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 software. In particular and possibly in other cases , when I prepare a document using Open Office 3.1 either Calc...
  3. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open saved files: Despite earlier advice form the Community I am still unable to open files saved in Documents/Pictures folders.I am using a Lenovo desktop computer with Windows 10 software. In particular and possibly in other cases , when I prepare a document using Open Office 3.1 either Calc...
  4. Cannot open saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Save Files to the C Drive

Cannot Save Files to the C Drive: I have changed my permissions to full and ensured that I am a Administrator, but I still cannot save a csv file to the C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-files-to-the-c-drive/e3c88010-6f73-49cc-a4f2-db7e820e11dc
  6. Cannot Save Pictures into File?

Cannot Save Pictures into File?: Everytime I cannot save a picture or file to any folder in my external hard drive. The same message about having to contact the administrator when I am the only administrator on the computer. I cannot download anything to my other drive and my initial one is running out of...
  7. Cannot Save Pictures into File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Save Pictures into File?: Everytime I cannot save a picture or file to any folder in my external hard drive. The same message about having to contact the administrator when I am the only administrator on the computer. I cannot download anything to my other drive and my initial one is running out of...
  8. Cannot save file host

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save file host: I open file host by "run as administrator" then I add some lines to block ads on viber desktop or to get access to some web sites which have been blocked on my machine....when I save it will give this [img] and if I click yes, it will give this [img] Even I open file host...
  9. Cannot modify/save hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot modify/save hosts file: I give up. I have tried everything. I set all the permissions to "Allow" and I don't even remember the default settings of that. I have tried taking ownership of the file. I have tried saving it on my desktop with a different name and copying it back into the etc folder...
  10. Cannot save Word Perfect files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot save Word Perfect files: I cannot save WP files. This problem is happening on and off. I thought I was doing something wrong instead the people that are creating the updates are creating this problem. How do I get in touch with the people are creating this nightmare? I depend on WP, and now I...