Windows 10: Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

Discus and support Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My machine was force fed a larger update which has broken it. I can no longer do "save as", it simply returns the bonkers error message "file not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nomoremeddling, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

My machine was force fed a larger update which has broken it.

I can no longer do "save as", it simply returns the bonkers error message "file not found".. well OF COURSE NOT,.. That's the idea!!!..

If I try "save" of an existing file I get a message saying "Error Saving Document - General Input/Output error"

Ideally I just want to roll back the update until Microsoft can get their act together, is there a way to do this?

I DO have Administrator privileges.

Please how can I undo the utter mess Microsoft have made?

:)

nomoremeddling, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

1. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back? - Similar Threads - Cannot Save files

2. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  3. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  4. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  5. Update Won't Roll Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  6. Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates

Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates: Hi, So i have recently rolled back updates because some stuff didnt work correctly after new windows 10 updates. I made a recovery point before doing this. Now i have this error with no way to go. Will bring my laptop to a shop tomorrow. I just wanna know if all my files...
  7. Error 0x0000225 after rolling back update

Error 0x0000225 after rolling back update: Hi, So i have recently rolled back updates because some stuff didnt work correctly after new windows 10 updates. I made a recovery point before doing this. Now i have this error with no way to go. Will bring my laptop to a shop tomorrow. I just wanna know if all my files...
  8. Rolling back a windows 10 update has additionally rolled back local game saves.

Rolling back a windows 10 update has additionally rolled back local game saves.: Windows 10 had recently force-updated to the latest build, as it tends to do, and I noticed that my desktop was running significantly slower as a result of the latest installation. I decided to wait a few days, because I wasn't really keen on rolling back the update. Turns...
  9. Cannot save files after update; How to return

Cannot save files after update; How to return: My machine was forced to an update that has broken it. I can no longer "save as", it simply returns the "file not found" error message. If I try to "save" an existing file, a message appears that says "Error saving document - General input / output error". Ideally, I just...
  10. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...