Windows 10: Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

Discus and support Cannot save files error message tells me files not found. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I save a new file or save an existing file I get this message. I cannot save the file with any name or to any of my drives. Similarly, on saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TigerWizard, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

when I save a new file or save an existing file I get this message. I cannot save the file with any name or to any of my drives. Similarly, on saving existing files (changes to data) the file 'cannot be found'. why is this happening? I am using Windows 10 Pro on an HP Envy laptop.

this issue was submitted by someone in March 2018 but the response was to ask for the details I am supplying about the environment I am working.

Note: I have documents in One Drive, C drive in users - private and public, on an external extension drive where most of my files are, a partitioned external drive used for backup and some old file folders. The error also occurs when saving to the desktop and to any folder anywhere I try to land a new file and in the folder in the location where I know the file 'was' when I opened it. The file is usually not listed when I try to save a file (as update to an existing file).

I cannot get anything done. If I restart the PC and try these things after one or two successes the problem reappears.

Problem #2: I have another problem submitted today that I think is unrelated: on Windows loading from a restart (many times) I get an error dialogue saying: Error BugSplatRC resource dll not found. I am not sure what this message means. is there a file called resource.dll that should be in the programs somewhere? If so could it be in Quicken since that is where my search found the BUGSplatRC.dll file and some others that are of similar name. I searched Quicken support and there is no successful fix found there. Many referenced to Microsoft asking it is Quicken and the other way around.

I do not know if these are related but it is in the mix of problems.

:)

TigerWizard, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

I cannot save any files and the error message says file not found.

TommyMcNulty, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Cannot save files error message tells me files not found.

1. Cannot save files error message tells me files not found. - Similar Threads - Cannot save files

2. Can someone tell me what this file is that my antivirus found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this file is that my antivirus found?: I didn’t password protect anything on my computer. The file is called C:\users\hugga\appdata\local\programs\gimp 2\lib\python2.7\test\test_zipfile.pyo=>ZeroThere are two of them. I did download gimp....
  3. error message: 404 file directory not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message: 404 file directory not found: How to fix this issue? I have tried system restore twice but each time it restores to yesterday or today's date only, am unable to create a new restore point by inserting the wanted date, 11/07/2021 when pc was working.After each system restore most files , especially all...
  4. error message: 404 file directory not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message: 404 file directory not found: How to fix this issue? I have tried system restore twice but each time it restores to yesterday or today's date only, am unable to create a new restore point by inserting the wanted date, 11/07/2021 when pc was working.After each system restore most files , especially all...
  5. error message: 404 file directory not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot save file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot save file: Why can I not save from Open Office, Thunderbird or Wordperfect but I can from Notepad or Wordpad, in Windows 10 Pro? The application freezes or crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-file/2351e2cf-b88d-4611-b741-602093be6f40
  7. Error Message File not found

Error Message File not found: When I boot up my computer I get message the "c:\windows\System 32\LogiLDA.dll file not found. What is this for and how do I repair it? Do I need to repair? If not how do I get rid of message? Just recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 no longer will "save "or "save as" adobe elements. "File Not Found" error message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no longer will "save "or "save as" adobe elements. "File Not Found" error message.: Windows 10 no longer will "save" or "save as" adobe elements files. "File Not Found" error message. Previously there were no issues with saving files....
  9. cannot save files in Office 2016 --message

cannot save files in Office 2016 --message: "Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'F:\*************. There are several reasons: * The file name or path does ot exist. *The file is being used by another program. *The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook." This started...
  10. Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save a file. Error message: there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.... ***Changed title from error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when trying to save an ISO file windows tellsme the file is not found

2. Save As wont save. Error message - file not found

3. cannot save files on windows file not found

4. windows 10 save as error file not found,
  5. File not found when trying to save file,
  6. save as file not found error