Windows 10: Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

Discus and support Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge or any other browser for that matter or Outlook directly to the work server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The_Aron-97, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge or any other browser for that matter or Outlook directly to the work server network drive. I have to save the file to my computer first I have been using the downloads folder and then go into file explorer and copy-paste the document to the server.If I want to save the file from Edge to the network drive using "save as" Edge puts out the message of "Microsoft Edge was unable to save this PDF file. Please try again later.". Interestingly enough if I save the file to my computer with the same file name as I wanted

:)

The_Aron-97, Nov 28, 2021

2. rar files opens directly without save

Hello friends,
    I've one query..
    by mistake i selected option "open this type of file directly" while downloading one rar file from my browser.

After than if i click on any rar file link or attachment in forum, regardless of size it opens directly without asking to save to any path option..

how to revert this change?

freebird_9924, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 28, 2021
  4. oily_17 Win User

Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

rar files opens directly without save

Try looking in your browser options for how it handles types of files and change the action for RAR files,or maybe how downloads are handled.Hope that works for you.

Which browser do you use?

oily_17, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

1. Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server. - Similar Threads - Cannot save files

2. Our AD server cannot replicate with corporate AD server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our AD server cannot replicate with corporate AD server: Dear Support Team, Our Active Directory AD server is currently experiencing replication issues with the corporate AD server. Upon reviewing the logs, I noticed an issue that I believe requires support assistance. I've already attempted to ping and perform port queries TCP and...
  3. Our AD server cannot replicate with corporate AD server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our AD server cannot replicate with corporate AD server: Dear Support Team, Our Active Directory AD server is currently experiencing replication issues with the corporate AD server. Upon reviewing the logs, I noticed an issue that I believe requires support assistance. I've already attempted to ping and perform port queries TCP and...
  4. I cannot save directly into a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot save directly into a folder: The problem that I am facing, is that I cannot save directly into a folder from an application. Whether that may be Microsoft Word, my printer scanning utility or other applications. However, I can save the file to my desktop, documents, downloads, etc. and then copy and...
  5. I cannot save directly into a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot save directly into a folder: The problem that I am facing, is that I cannot save directly into a folder from an application. Whether that may be Microsoft Word, my printer scanning utility or other applications. However, I can save the file to my desktop, documents, downloads, etc. and then copy and...
  6. I cannot save directly into a folder

7. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC": I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and when want to save a PDF document it goes by default to save to "this PC." I want to be able to save it to the desktop by default as before not to "this PC." I was able to fix this with office documents using options. But I don't know how...
  8. Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files from browser or Outlook directly to our work server.: Since updating to Windows 11, I am not able to save any documents from Edge or any other browser for that matter or Outlook directly to the work server network drive. I have to save the file to my computer first I have been using the downloads folder and then go into file...
  9. Save a screen clipping directly to file

Save a screen clipping directly to file: Is there any way in Windows 10 to select a selection of the screen and have it save directly to a jpg or bmp file? In effect exactly the same functionality as the macOS cmd+shift+4. I don't want to open another program, I don't want to edit the image. I want to let go of the...
  10. Saving image from outlook no longer works

Saving image from outlook no longer works: Have an issue where when you open an attached picture from outlook, it won't auto save to "saved pictures." Worked fine until an update in October. MS Photos is the default image handler. Used to open an email, double click the attached picture, it would open MS Photos...