Windows 10: Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

Discus and support Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I loved the changes, until yesterday. I am signed in as the administrator of my account. I tried to save a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AnnSalem, Sep 15, 2015.

1. AnnSalem Win User

Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I loved the changes, until yesterday.
    I am signed in as the administrator of my account. I tried to save a simple spreadsheet to Documents in One Drive. I received this message:
    "You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator. " The message also gave me the option of saving to my Document folder, but even if I checked “yes”, nothing happened.

I did not have this problem previously until I tried to save to One Drive.

I then discovered by trying other applications, such as Word, that I could not save any file to any location, such as documents on this PC. For reference, I am neither a CS major nor a developer. To the contrary, I am a retired mathematics teacher in my 60’s. However, I can follow instructions as outlined if you are able to help. Thank you!

:)

AnnSalem, Sep 15, 2015

2. Not Authorized to File

After installing Windows 10 I can not create any document or receive any document and save it to disk. When I try the "Save As.." or "Save" file it returns an error "You don't have permission to save files in this network location" and yet I am the Admin.

Jim Brown_708, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 file location

Since upgrading from Windows 7, when trying to save a Microsoft Word file to "this pc>documents>***" I receive the following message, "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to
    save in the documents folder instead?" I am the administrator. Who else should I contact for permission?

ErwinShulman, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

1. Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10 - Similar Threads - Cannot save files

2. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  4. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  5. You don't have permission to save in this location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You don't have permission to save in this location: I am getting this error message on all files in My Documents Just did the 9/8/2020 Win 10 update!!! "You don't have permission to save in this location"...
  6. Cannot run saved files on my PC - You don't have permission

Cannot run saved files on my PC - You don't have permission: Hi, I did a clean install of Windows 10 version 2004 and reinstalled most of my program. Now when I try to reinstall a program from a saved file on my "D" drive I get a error message. [ATTACH] How can I fix this? Note it is the same case when I try to access any...
  7. you don't have permission to save in this location

you don't have permission to save in this location: Latest Windows update I am a developer and one client is having the issue that his app can't save ordinary text files to his Documents folder. They can be saved to the User root below Documents. I added 'everyone' with full control to the permissions list for Documents but...
  8. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  9. "You don't have permission to save in this location"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You don't have permission to save in this location": I installed a photo editing program program (DxO Filmpack 3) which I had previously used successfully on a different computer that also runs Windows 10. But on my new computer, whenever I try to save a photo to a folder on my Desktop using the program, I get the following...
  10. Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here": I started this thread because I could not find the original one with this issue. I was having this issue as well as many others. I would try to save a file either with a program or browser and would get a pop up saying I didn't have permission to do so. After searching for an...