Windows 10: Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

Discus and support Cannot save on desktop, or create documents. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iNetwork Corporation, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please contact your administrator." I just ignored it and saved it to a folder on my desktop. The next day I wanted to write something down, I usually use .txt files. I decided to right click and create a new text document, but when i went to right click/new/ all I could do was to create a new folder and to rename it, I needed an administrator's permission. And to delete something I needed a permission. But when I check my profile, I am an admin. Please help me, I can't work like this.

:)

iNetwork Corporation, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Finding documents that I have created and saved in Word.

Hi,

To assist you better with finding documents concern, kindly answer the following questions below:

• How did you save the Word document on your computer?
    • Where did you save the documents? Is it in Desktop, This PC or are you using OneDrive?
    • How are you trying to search the documents that you are trying to find?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

Saving document I create as PDF offline

Hi Judith,

To get better clarity, please provide us with the below information:

• How did you create the pdf file? (Please specify the Application also)

In Windows 10, the default save location for documents and pictures is OneDrive. This means new files are saved to OneDrive unless you choose to save them somewhere else. To change your default save location

• Go to Start Menu, click on Settings.
    • Select System, then click on Storage.
    • Now, drop down the options under New Documents will save to, and select the location you want to save the documents as default.

For further reference refer the below article:

Files save to OneDrive in Windows 10.

Get back to us if you have further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

1. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents. - Similar Threads - Cannot save desktop

2. cannot save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot save to desktop: I cannot save documents to he desktop. Told to unhide hidden item in file explorer. However this just acts as a toggle - set to unhide then doc appears. Save another doc to desktop and nothing shows. Go and 'hide' docs remove tick and it appears on desktop. Something...
  3. cannot save to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot save to desktop: I cannot save documents to he desktop. Told to unhide hidden item in file explorer. However this just acts as a toggle - set to unhide then doc appears. Save another doc to desktop and nothing shows. Go and 'hide' docs remove tick and it appears on desktop. Something...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  6. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Saving Documents to Desktop

Saving Documents to Desktop: Whenever I try to save a document to my desktop using file explorer, it takes too long. It states “working on it” and after about a minute or so the desktop in file manager opens up and I can then continue. This does not happen when I try to save files anywhere else....
  8. How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Create Icons For Desktop and Documents?: When I was on Windows 7, I had created icons for my desktop and one for My Documents which I placed in the taskbar. They stayed there when it upgraded to WIN10. I now have a new system and NEED them back. I can't find the website as there are so many hits now with the search...
  9. Saving Documents Created Using WordPad

Saving Documents Created Using WordPad: I would like to know WHERE documents go when I click on "Save" as opposed to using "Save As." I've kind of "lost" a couple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents-created-using-wordpad/252404a9-b76e-4798-8bed-883fdd83c7f0"
  10. Cannot save attachment in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save attachment in Documents: I'm helping Frank with a perplexing problem; he cannot save attachments in his own "Documents" folder. Background: When he migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 he got converted to logging on with his Microsoft Account. We neither fully understand this. Frank has only one...