Windows 10: Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive

Discus and support Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to transfer files from my computer to my Seagate external drive. It gives me a message that I don't have administrator access to this drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreGrassi, May 18, 2020.

1. Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive

I'm trying to transfer files from my computer to my Seagate external drive. It gives me a message that I don't have administrator access to this drive.

I execute all procedures in this forum:

1 Change the driver owner to my user

2 Give the RWD access to my user - Whe I do this I receive a message tha I don't have authorization access to container for all folders in my drive;

My user is the computer admin user. And I use windows 10 1909.

Then I tried the same into my wife computer and it's works fine. She's computer uses Windows 8.

:)

AndreGrassi, May 18, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 18, 2020
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 18, 2020
  4. Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive

1. Cannot save or rename files in my Seagate External Drive - Similar Threads - Cannot save rename

2. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.: I recently bought a Seagate External hard drive. I managed to save 194GB data only. I cannot use my remaining free space in external hard drive. How can I get the available space to work?...
  3. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.: I recently bought a Seagate External hard drive. I managed to save 194GB data only. I cannot use my remaining free space in external hard drive. How can I get the available space to work?...
  4. Seagate External hard drive free space cannot be used.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot suddenly write to all External Seagate drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot suddenly write to all External Seagate drives: I have been using these drives for years, but today have the error. All software is up to date..This has strangely happened to all 4 external drives, there are no protected files, nor storage issues.Properties of folders in these external drives are "read only" and I have...
  6. External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer: My Seagate Plus Hard Drive was working fine, I went on a trip and took it with me. It was in a padded case and protected. I tried to plug it into my laptop which is running Windows 10, and it wouldn't show up in File Explorer. I came home and tried it on the computer that...
  7. Seagate external hard drive - RSF files

Seagate external hard drive - RSF files: My Seagate external has partitioned itself and I appear to have lost all of my photos of my daughter growing up. Is there anyway of retrieving the photos and re-partitioning the external drive? I have extensively searched the internet and I have become a bit 'jargon blind'....
  8. location not available for my seagat external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    location not available for my seagat external drive: I have just upgraded to win 10 Pro. My Seagate 2tb external drive shows an error message "Location not available. How do I rectify this p roblem?...
  9. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  10. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....