Windows 10: Cannot save photos from camera app

Discus and support Cannot save photos from camera app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to save photos because I receive an error saying that this photo is not saved. I tried to fix it but the pops up with an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jon Miller3, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Cannot save photos from camera app

I am unable to save photos because I receive an error saying that this photo is not saved. I tried to fix it but the pops up with an error message shows up again and again. Help me because it is really annoying not be able to save taken photos. ( camera app on Surface Book 2)

:)

Jon Miller3, Mar 15, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 15, 2019
  3. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Mar 15, 2019
  4. KatrineCY Win User

Cannot save photos from camera app

download Windows camera app

Graeme: a step closer! Camera app opened and I took a photo. Screen shows this message: Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo. If you need it, the error code is 0xA00F424F>PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed>(0x80004005). Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Cannot save photos from camera app

1. Cannot save photos from camera app - Similar Threads - Cannot save photos

2. Camera can't save photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera can't save photos: Hi, I'm new to this forum but i have a serious problem. My camera looks fine and still can be activated but cant take photos and capture videos. It came up a error code looks like this : 0XA00F424F<photocapturefilecreationfailed>0x800703E6. Please help me to solve this...
  3. Camera can't save photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera can't save photos: Hi, I'm new to this forum but i have a serious problem. My camera looks fine and still can be activated but cant take photos and capture videos. It came up a error code looks like this : 0XA00F424F<photocapturefilecreationfailed>0x800703E6. Please help me to solve this...
  4. Camera can't save photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Camera unable to save the photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera unable to save the photo: Hi everyone, last time I accidentally delete the file named "Photo Capture" because I think that this file is uselessBut when I open the camera, it cannot capture and record the videoWhat should I do now?My device is Huawei Matebook D15...
  6. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Photos App unable to tag photos from camera: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...
  7. Camera does not save video or photos

Camera does not save video or photos: I recieved an error code, 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 when I tried to take a photo and got a slightly different code, 0xA00F425F<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 How do I get the camera working properly? I can see myself but it will not...
  8. Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera

Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera: My problem is that I cannot import NEW photos into Windows 10 app from my Sony camera. The app was working normally about 10 days ago. When I connect my camera, the app opens normally and starts to search for my photos. The numbers of photos found are counting and...
  9. Cannot save media from Microsoft Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot save media from Microsoft Photos app on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Photos App allows you to view, edit, and also create videos. While it works fine, if you cannot save media from Microsoft Photos app after having an edited image, then it’s because of the permission issue. But some users [...] This post Cannot save...
  10. Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos

Camera App accessed by CameraCaptureUI is not saving photos: When calling the CameraCaptureUI, the Camera app showed up as intended and I was able to click on the take photo button. But when the button was clicked the camera screen greys out and no image were saved. This affect all Panasonic Toughpads devices with Win 10 Enterprise...