Windows 10: Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

Discus and support Cannot save pictures from snipping tool in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I am having issue where I cannot save the pictures from the snipping tool. I searched around the Internet, and found something related with missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FebrianHillman, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

Hi,I am having issue where I cannot save the pictures from the snipping tool. I searched around the Internet, and found something related with missing pictures folder in my user folder. I already created the pictures folder but still cannot save with snipping tool. Can anyone please help?Thank you,Febrian

:)

FebrianHillman, Jul 31, 2021

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jul 31, 2021
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

Hi Dayana,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Pictures saved in the snipping tool.

By default when you press the save button on the snipping tool, it will ask you to save the picture on the last folder that you used to save a picture. Can you please try to snip an image and try to save it on the Desktop folder of your computer.

I hope that you can reply back as quickly as possible so I can help you out further. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

No, that is not true.

Snipping Tool does not even have a "Save" button or menu option, both the button (diskette icon) and menu option are "Save As". However you save, selecting the button from the File menu, you can save the screenshots wherever you want to.

The Pictures folder is just the default folder shown as a suggestion when you save but the file will not be automatically saved there. Selecting any other folder, like for instance Desktop, will then become the new default suggested location; Snipping Tool remembers this and next time you save a screenshot it will be saved in this new location if no other location is selected.

Short: It is absolutely not true that Snipping Tool automatically saves in Pictures folder.

Thema:

Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

1. Cannot save pictures from snipping tool - Similar Threads - Cannot save pictures

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  4. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

8. Automatically saving from snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically saving from snipping tool: Is there any way to get this? I found a locked thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-screenshot-save-location/1ad3bb2a-9a0d-449a-a52a-7076f1508acf However, It seems like nobody actually seemed to...
  9. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  10. I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool: When I save a picture I've captured to my pictures and then I go there, I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-pictures-saved-in-snipping-tool/f10a35db-33f8-4ee3-87ef-ad70f5c42d58