Windows 10: Cannot save text documents or images files

Discus and support Cannot save text documents or images files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685) I am unable to save text files or images like I was sent a image over messenger and I cannot save it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by i386, Dec 21, 2020.

1. i386 Win User

Cannot save text documents or images files

Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685)

I am unable to save text files or images like I was sent a image over messenger and I cannot save it. It crashes and aske to close the program or wait. I have already been though this process.

Unable to save to desktop Windows 10Click the windows button.Type "Windows Security" and click on "Windows Security App"Click "Virus &Threat protection"Scroll down (if necessary) and click "Manage ransomware protection"Click "Allow an app through Controlled folder access"Click "Yes" when the user account control pops up.Click "Add an allowed app"

:)

2. bob330 Win User

save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document

when click on a picture and save image as it goes to save as screen but only option is save as text document and cant change it, it started doing this about 2 weeks ago, before that everything worked fine with pics, am using google chrome, am older guy
    and not computer smart, seen your one reply to this but cant find the screen you suggested to change it

bob330, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Cannot save text documents or images files

Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot save text documents or images files

1. Cannot save text documents or images files - Similar Threads - Cannot save text

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot 'Save Image As...' HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot 'Save Image As...' HELP: I have had this problem since this PC was new. When I see an image I want to save, I right click and choose 'Save Image As...'. Then I choose where to save it to and name it and click save. When I try to open it, it says; "falling-snow.gif , or falling-snow.jpgIt appears that...
  6. Cannot 'Save Image As...' HELP

Cannot 'Save Image As...' HELP: I have had this problem since this PC was new. When I see an image I want to save, I right click and choose 'Save Image As...'. Then I choose where to save it to and name it and click save. When I try to open it, it says; "falling-snow.gif , or falling-snow.jpgIt appears that...
  7. Save web document as text format ?

in Browsers and Email
    Save web document as text format ?: How to save web document as text file for ms edge just like internet explorer ? 178141
  8. save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document

in Windows 10 Customization
    save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document: when click on a picture and save image as it goes to save as screen but only option is save as text document and cant change it, it started doing this about 2 weeks ago, before that everything worked fine with pics, am using google chrome, am older guy and not computer...
  9. SAVE TEXT FILE

SAVE TEXT FILE: HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/save-text-file/01f023b9-60d7-41a5-8f09-5291aae54c07
  10. Cannot save attachment in Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save attachment in Documents: I'm helping Frank with a perplexing problem; he cannot save attachments in his own "Documents" folder. Background: When he migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 he got converted to logging on with his Microsoft Account. We neither fully understand this. Frank has only one...