Windows 10: cannot save word files after 1809 update

Discus and support cannot save word files after 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013... Any ideas what i can do? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dk_is, Oct 3, 2018.

1. dk_is Win User

cannot save word files after 1809 update

my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

:)

dk_is, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 3, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    Word 2016 crashes on save/save as

When I do a save as or save, MS Word 2016, Version 1704 Build 8067.2157 becomes non responsive. No matter what the destination is, usually documents, it just crashes. Task manager to get out of it. Searched for problem on the internet, tried most if not all of the suggestions same result. Tried the Office repair, same problem. Appreciate any suggestions.

UPDATE: Now all programs in office have the same "save to" crash.*Sleepy

meebers, Oct 3, 2018
  4. cannot save word files after 1809 update

Save files after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Marshall,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in word or excel.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in word or excel and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

cannot save word files after 1809 update

1. cannot save word files after 1809 update - Similar Threads - cannot save word

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error

in Windows 10 News
    Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error: [IMG]According to some users, when trying to save a Word file, an error message that says Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error appears. Usually, the issue appears when the copy came from a different source. Whatever the case is, we have some solutions...
  5. Cannot Save Changes to Word Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Save Changes to Word Documents: When trying to save a changed document with the same name and same location: "We can't save the file because it's READ ONLY. (I checked. It isn't.) To keep your changes, you'll need to save the document with a new name or in a different location" So I changed the name of...
  6. Cannot save files after update; How to return

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot save files after update; How to return: My machine was forced to an update that has broken it. I can no longer "save as", it simply returns the "file not found" error message. If I try to "save" an existing file, a message appears that says "Error saving document - General input / output error". Ideally, I just...
  7. Cannot save Word Perfect files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot save Word Perfect files: I cannot save WP files. This problem is happening on and off. I thought I was doing something wrong instead the people that are creating the updates are creating this problem. How do I get in touch with the people are creating this nightmare? I depend on WP, and now I...
  8. Steam Games not saving after update 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games not saving after update 1809: I am trying to play Borderlands 2 on the Surface Book 2 with windows 10 on firmware 1809 with automatic updates on. When I progress through the game and save it and quit, the game does not save any of the progress i just made. I have tried unticking "read only" and i have...
  9. Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.: This is not so much a question as an observation to a previous question that went unanswered. I use high contrast due to eye problems. After Windows updated to build 1809 I could no longer open file dialog to open file location and if I open a document, could not open dialog...
  10. Unable to save or open file after updating to Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save or open file after updating to Windows 10 1809: After updating to 1809 I could no longer open dialog to open/save files in MS Word, PDF Shaper (a pdf managing program) nor save in NAPS2 scanning software. Contacted MS support who passed on to tech; maker of PDF Shaper indicates "it's known problem with 1809 build, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high contrast save as 1809

2. cannot save files after window 10 update 1809 for x64

3. windows 10 1809 word 2013

4. word cant save after update,
  5. windows update 1809 stops word document from saving,
  6. patch windows 1809 office save files