Windows 10: Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Discus and support Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vinicius Valins, May 1, 2023.

1. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then nothing happens. Tried literally ALL troubleshooting avaliable on the internet. Nothing worked. Please help

:)

Vinicius Valins, May 1, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 1, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, May 1, 2023
  4. RupKumar1 Win User

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Windows 10 - Snipping Tool

You can take screenshot on windows 10 using a very handy feature snipping tool. No need to download snipping tool for windows 10. There are several ways present to take screenshot on windows 10 and the most famous is clicking “windows+print screen” key.

Windows 10 snipping tool
    allows you to take screenshot in a easier way with the help of snipping tool mode and timer.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool is by searching “Snipping tool” text in windows 10 search section and there you will find the snipping tool application.

See below some snipping tool windows 10 :

• Skitch
    • Monosnap
    • Lightshot
    Snipping tool windows 10 is the source of this information. Please go through it and find more information.

RupKumar1, May 1, 2023
Thema:

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

1. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Cannot screenshot Snipping

2. Screenshots with no snipping tool W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots with no snipping tool W10: I'm looking for a way to automatically save screenshots without using the snipping tool. I create online gaming posts, reviews, and edit games with non-repeatable cinematics. During these moments, I need to take rapid-fire screenshots with auto-save functionality. However,...
  3. Screenshots with no snipping tool W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots with no snipping tool W10: I'm looking for a way to automatically save screenshots without using the snipping tool. I create online gaming posts, reviews, and edit games with non-repeatable cinematics. During these moments, I need to take rapid-fire screenshots with auto-save functionality. However,...
  4. Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot: My snipping tool screenshots are not saving, but when I googled it it said to turn on Save screenshots in the Snipping tool app - however, I don't have that option. What gives? It works on my desktop, but for my laptop, the only options are "auto copy to clipboard", then...
  5. Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot

Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot: My snipping tool screenshots are not saving, but when I googled it it said to turn on Save screenshots in the Snipping tool app - however, I don't have that option. What gives? It works on my desktop, but for my laptop, the only options are "auto copy to clipboard", then...
  6. Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping: Not sure when it start but my snipping tool stop promping the screenshot after snipping. Specifically:Before, when I snip and select the range, it will pop up the screenshot window immediately for me to edit;Now, after I snip, there is no window pop up, instead it will keep...
  7. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  8. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  9. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  10. Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry: The best answer is make sure Display Driver is installed and the RESOLUTION is set to RECOMMENDED, that's all it works good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-toolscreenshots-blurry/0b34ced7-6901-4fdd-b609-ea918c0bc663