Windows 10: Cannot scroll down and folders are randomly selected

Discus and support Cannot scroll down and folders are randomly selected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I scroll down a page it suddenly scroll backs up and I cannot move the scroll bar down.If I press on the arrow keys it works again. On the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anjana___, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Anjana___ Win User

Cannot scroll down and folders are randomly selected

when I scroll down a page it suddenly scroll backs up and I cannot move the scroll bar down.If I press on the arrow keys it works again. On the home screen folders are randomly selected. Scroll down issue is also faced in Windows start button - top most option is always selected cannot change selection using touchpad.

:)

Anjana___, Aug 4, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Aug 4, 2021
  3. kthr33 Win User
    No Scroll Printer Selection

Windows 10, Dell desktop PC. Sometimes when I select to print a document, the small, square print window that comes up has a single 'General' tab at the top. The selections are listed 3 per column. Out of that big long list, there are only 2 printers I
    have used so far, Microsoft Print to PDF, and our Ricoh printer. As it happens, each is at opposite ends of that long list and it seems as if every time I wish to print, I need the printer that doesn't show. That requires me to scroll to the other printer.
    Is it possible to edit/adjust the names of these printers so they appear next to each other and scrolling isn't required? All suggestions, ideas, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

kthr33, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Randall- Win User

Stop Scroll Returning to the Top of List

With Windows 10, inside a lot of applications, when scrolling down through a folder or search list, the screen will return to the top of the list. Try to scroll down again, and randomly it will return to the top of the list. You loose the section you are
    scrolling through.

I need to get it to stop doing that,

Randall-, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot scroll down and folders are randomly selected - Similar Threads - Cannot scroll down

2. Windows keep getting scroll down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep getting scroll down randomly: whenever i use my laptop, sometimes it get randomly scroll down continuously. It stopped after i press Esc or S key but will always randomly act up again after, i tried all i know from updating mouse driver to msconfig, even restarting multiple times. It keep happening...
  3. Windows keep getting scroll down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep getting scroll down randomly: whenever i use my laptop, sometimes it get randomly scroll down continuously. It stopped after i press Esc or S key but will always randomly act up again after, i tried all i know from updating mouse driver to msconfig, even restarting multiple times. It keep happening...
  4. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  5. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  6. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Scrolling down freezes Windows 10 randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling down freezes Windows 10 randomly: Its seems there is an issue with windows 10. my cursor freezes when i scroll down by using two fingers . i don't know why it is happening . i have done everything like updating windows, deleting the old driver and installing the new one and at the end even i rebooted my...
  8. Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.

Mouse scroll automatically for down & always selecting down icon in desktop.: My mouse point is scroll automatically for bottom of the screen or page & it selecting the last icon in the desktop.I updateed the drives.I reinstall the drives.I change the mouse.I turn off the "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them".I have updated to windows...
  9. Cannot Scroll in Folders

Cannot Scroll in Folders: Whenever I open folders through a different app or website, I am unable to scroll through folders with the mouse wheel. I am only able to scroll once I click. I am able to scroll in folders from the folder app, but not when it is opened through another application. I am able...
  10. Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer: Selecting Folder Scroll Jump: I'll do my best to describe this. Lots of times (not always) when I select a folder in the tree in the left panel, the tree will "jump"/ "auto-scroll" to another location in the tree, so that the original folder I was trying to click isn't even visible because it's farther...