Windows 10: cannot search anymore my pdf files

Discus and support cannot search anymore my pdf files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello since today my windows 10 is not able to search pdfs correctly. given a folder containing >1000 pdf files, I want to list all the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sergio Balzano, Mar 18, 2020.

1. cannot search anymore my pdf files

Hello

since today my windows 10 is not able to search pdfs correctly. given a folder containing >1000 pdf files, I want to list all the files containing a given keyword within the document. I was able to do that until yesterday using windows explorer and typing the keyword in the searchbar. Now I'm not able to do that anymore as the search only find words and excel files containing a given keyword but not pdf files. I re-installed ifiler from adobe, deleted and reloaded the folder for indexed search control panel, indexing options, advances I also went on the task manager and made sure that Wsearch is running, however I'm still unable to visualise all the pdf files that contain a given keyword.

Can someone please help

thanks

Sergio

:)

Sergio Balzano, Mar 18, 2020

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf in the higher right corner search field and get the correct result.

But if I mark them all (CTRL+a) and press the DEL key, it doesn't refresh the result anymore (the list of pdf remain visible. If I try to delete this files again, I get an error message, that this files doesn't exist anymore, still remaining in the search result).
    In most cases, I even have to restart the explorer.exe to get back my working file explorer.

Is this a known issue since build 1909?

Do you know how to get the list refreshing automatically without restart of the process "explorer.exe"?

WTenNewbie, Mar 18, 2020
  4. cannot search anymore my pdf files

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

cannot search anymore my pdf files

1. cannot search anymore my pdf files - Similar Threads - cannot search anymore

2. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  3. pdf \ Arabic cannot search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdf \ Arabic cannot search: Hello Please help I always get trouble with using some pdf files ,which their content is Arabic, and especially when I search for a word or phrase inside. It does not offer a fully search even it is not treated by OCR.For example, one file when I copy and paste a content from...
  4. pdf \ Arabic cannot search

pdf \ Arabic cannot search: Hello Please help I always get trouble with using some pdf files ,which their content is Arabic, and especially when I search for a word or phrase inside. It does not offer a fully search even it is not treated by OCR.For example, one file when I copy and paste a content from...
  5. i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.

i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.: Hi everybody,i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007. How to get it again ?I'm on Windows 8.1Help welcome.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-anymore-register-a-file-as-pdf-with/3d7e6eb8-93b3-4997-9ee6-bdc1d2000972
  6. i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.: Hi everybody,i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007. How to get it again ?I'm on Windows 8.1Help welcome.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-anymore-register-a-file-as-pdf-with/3d7e6eb8-93b3-4997-9ee6-bdc1d2000972
  7. Search only searching contents in PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search only searching contents in PDF files: Hello, lately when I use File Explorer to search the contents of my Word documents, the search is not yielding any results apart from PDF files. I have tried every fix and update I have seen in the community and it has not fixed the problem. I'm running Windows 10 and this...
  8. People Cannot Open My PDF Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People Cannot Open My PDF Files: I just got my second PDF File back because a third-party could not read it. I have a Canon MG3620 Printer and a Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.906 What might be the hangup? * Moved from MSN...
  9. Cannot append to pdf files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot append to pdf files: Since installing the latest Windows 10 update I am unable to 'print' to an existing pdf file by choosing the 'append' option. This fails in Win2pdf and in Microsoft Print to PDF. 110014
  10. Cannot Open PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open PDF Files: I am unable to open PDF files that are sent to be via e.mail. This is frustrating as they are important documents that I need. Can anyone help me please. Thank you in advance. 65794