Windows 10: Cannot search for comments in Windows update

Discus and support Cannot search for comments in Windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to search the "comments" on my files and now since this update last week it does not show those results. Why did this have to change?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KirkDemo, Oct 25, 2020.

1. KirkDemo Win User

Cannot search for comments in Windows update

I used to be able to search the "comments" on my files and now since this update last week it does not show those results. Why did this have to change? I have music files tagged with keys they are in and I cannot search and get any results.

:)

KirkDemo, Oct 25, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 25, 2020
  3. RVer88 Win User
    Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, Oct 25, 2020
  4. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot search for comments in Windows update - Similar Threads - Cannot search comments

2. Cannot comment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot comment?: I'm trying to comment in the Microsoft Start news articles but it keeps asking me to switch my accounts to comment. So I did, even created a new account and its still asking me to switch accounts. Any ideas?...
  3. Cannot comment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot comment?: I'm trying to comment in the Microsoft Start news articles but it keeps asking me to switch my accounts to comment. So I did, even created a new account and its still asking me to switch accounts. Any ideas?...
  4. Cannot comment or see comment on Microsoft Start news feeds..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot comment or see comment on Microsoft Start news feeds..: Unable to see replies on MS Start news feeds. can give a thumbs up or down. Replies will not open. EDGE on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-comment-or-see-comment-on-microsoft-start/946c0211-5e86-4103-a21f-a014c8d04b1b
  5. Cannot comment or see comment on Microsoft Start news feeds..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot comment or see comment on Microsoft Start news feeds..: Unable to see replies on MS Start news feeds. can give a thumbs up or down. Replies will not open. EDGE on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-comment-or-see-comment-on-microsoft-start/946c0211-5e86-4103-a21f-a014c8d04b1b
  6. windows comment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows comment: I just purchaed a new computer with Windows 10. I set upon removing all the fonts I do not need. After getting the comment "you cannot remove that font because iot is a protected system font" so many times, I turned off the option of getting that comment.How do I turn on that...
  7. Cannot search in the new cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot search in the new cumulative update: I updated my pc yesterday. It was a cumulative update and since then, I can neither search in the search box nor can I in the settings app. Please help!!...
  8. Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I cannot post photos/images as a Facebook comment. I can upload them no problem if I start a new post in a group or on my timeline, but images will not upload in the comments section of any post. Was working fine 2 weeks ago....
  9. Regex searching in Start Menu possible? Or at least search by "comment" attributes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regex searching in Start Menu possible? Or at least search by "comment" attributes?: I could search photos by querying their tag name in the start menu but not by the values in their comment field (right click properties > details tab > description > comments; jpg files, png files have no comment attribute). it does show up in file explorer, just not through...
  10. Windows 10 update. Problem in comments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update. Problem in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sozlel514 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eozd4a/windows_10_update_problem_in_comments/