Windows 10: cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

Discus and support cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jonas M.., Aug 19, 2022.

1. Jonas M.. Win User

cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results in the same folder.other folders for the computer are not a problem. So what we know this is only a issue with one folder.Also if i press right click on the shared folder to go to properties it doesn't do anything... So i think the problem is in the shared folder and not in the index of the computer itself.What i already ha

:)

Jonas M.., Aug 19, 2022

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 19, 2022
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive - Similar Threads - cannot search specific

2. cannot share folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share folder.: I have a new computer running Windows 11 and an old one running Windows 10. I want to move files and folder from the old to the new. I have added the new computer to my home network. I have granted access to "everyone." I have shared folders. The two computers are less than 3...
  3. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  4. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  5. Folder cannot be shared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder cannot be shared!: I used to be able to connect my laptops and share folders and files using wi fi connection.Now although the folder says that it is shared, in reality it is not. When I try to share it , after few minutes I get this message: your folder cannot be shared! Please *** Email...
  6. Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Share a Folder on a Network with specific PCs: Hi, I want to share a folder from my Computer (PC0) with two other Computers (PC1, PC2) only in my home network. But I don't want other Computers (for example PC3) on the network to be able to access it. (I don't mind if they can see it). Is this possible? I already know...
  7. Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]: Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10] So I'm facing a weird problem here. I can search for any file/folder in my computer in any folder except one - my "Music" folder H:\Music. If I search for anything in this folder or any of its sub-folders, this standard message...
  8. Cannot access one specific folder on network drive

Cannot access one specific folder on network drive: Thanks in advance for any help! I have an external drive Buffalo Model: HD-LXU3 hooked up to my Netgear R9000 router. On the drive I have about 7 folders. I shared these folders through the router software. I am able to access all the folders except 1 I have tried...
  9. Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?: I have an old game that keeps it's saves in a specific location that cannot be changed (mydocuments\gamename\saves in case that matters). I'm playing with 2 different PC's both carrying win10-64bit and I'm getting tired of copying the new save to a cloud service and moving...
  10. The folder cannot be shared?

The folder cannot be shared?: When I try to share a subfolder under My Documents with my homegroup I get an error stating that the folder cannot be shared. How can I fix this. FWIW, I can share the folder using Advanced Sharing Options but I cannot share it with the homegroup. Thanks for any...