Windows 10: Cannot search the page in edge

Discus and support Cannot search the page in edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi In all iterations of IE that I have used Ctrl/F opened a search dialogue that searched on the current page, I use this a lot. I cannot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by daniellouwrens, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Cannot search the page in edge

Hi

In all iterations of IE that I have used Ctrl/F opened a search dialogue that searched
    on the current page, I use this a lot.

I cannot change to Edge until it has the same function.

Cheers

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Wggartist Win User

Microsoft Edge Does not Search Properly with Flash Drives

Edge has a major flaw, so I stopped using it. It will not fully search within a flash drive. Magazines within a flash drive can be searched by keywords and brought up to individual pages on Chrome, Explorer and Firefox. Microsoft Edge cannot perform deep
    search (going to a page within), so the publishers are recommending against using Edge. It is worthless to have a flash drive that you can't search for individual pages.

Wggartist, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Blairo123 Win User
    Hmm, Can't find this page ---using windows 10 and continually receive this message on laptop

EDGE recently started giving the "Hmmm cannot find page, etc" with many searches. If I immediately close EDGE and use IE there is no such problem and the target is found with no problem, ever. It appears to be a new problem with EDGE.

Blairo123, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Cannot search the page in edge

What website does it not allow you to search using the built in Ctrl+f function? It works fine, I am currently running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I wonder if other users besides yourself are also having this issue and maybe I am just the odd one out.

chris1neji, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Works fine here.

Cannot search the page in edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  6. I have no idea what is going on, this morning I couldn't get a search box up with Ctrl/F, this afternoon I couldn't either, now I can.

In any case it is working now, It's like the "settings" icon in the start menu it did not even show up then it did but did not work.

It's a bit weird but W10 is great. Edge is probably great too, I'll keep using it.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Ansel Win User
    Hi Daniel,

I'm experiencing the same issue with Ctl-F not initially working, then suddenly working again. Its one of a several issues with Edge where functionality such as the scroll-bars, wheel mouse etc. initially don't work.

I haven't been able to tell what's fixing it...whether its time or alt-tabbing away or randomly (angrily) clicking on stuff until it works. I suspect its probably due to something from the web page loading or initialising slowly.

but you aren't alone

Bill

Ansel, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Cannot search the page in edge

Hi

it worked for me this morning but I have stopped using edge as the Favs are sorted very differently to IEx and
    I cannot find where I want to go Cannot search the page in edge :)

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot search the page in edge

1. Cannot search the page in edge - Similar Threads - Cannot search page

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge search: Im using Edge on my PC, but it searches using chrome browser. I want edge only and I dont want different search engine. My brother only uses google on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-search/f59f8957-77f2-4fb7-82a3-41fcef631dac
  4. Edge search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge search: Im using Edge on my PC, but it searches using chrome browser. I want edge only and I dont want different search engine. My brother only uses google on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-search/f59f8957-77f2-4fb7-82a3-41fcef631dac
  5. Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge: When I began with my new system that had Windows 10 pre-installed, I had heard of the problem wherein folks were getting notices that a page could not be reached but never experienced the issue. However, of late, say within the past month or so, I am now getting this message...
  6. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  8. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE: When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it cannot access that link/page. I've tried several different pages, and all of them get rejected. Is this some type of glitch that...
  9. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...
  10. set the home page in the search engine Edge

in Browsers and Email
    set the home page in the search engine Edge: I can not set the home page in the Edge message MSN. I can not find her. 63050