Windows 10: Cannot search through .tpl files

Discus and support Cannot search through .tpl files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have some .tpl files on my hard drive. I would like to search through the contents of the .tpl files. I searched: Indexing Options >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by riteoak, Jan 29, 2020.

1. riteoak Win User

Cannot search through .tpl files

Hello,

I have some .tpl files on my hard drive. I would like to search through the contents of the .tpl files. I searched:

Indexing Options > Advanced > File Types > Scrolled down to "tpl" and clicked on "Index Properties and File Contents".

Windows indexed those type of files but when I try to search for phrases inside tpl files it doesn't work. Please advise, thank you!

:)

riteoak, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

My own TPL files not working on IE11

Hi Frank,

We would like to ask you a few questions for us to better understand the situation. Please answer the following information:

• Is the TPL not working with all the blocked sites or URL's?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we advise you to perform a System File Checker to scan and repair a possible missing or corrupted system files.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 29, 2020
  3. frank-sms Win User
    My own TPL files not working on IE11

Hi, Moderator :

I have 2 TPL files with my ie11. One is working with that sites . My own writing TPL doesn't work with that sites. Maybe My file is wrong about something, like Expected values.

The below Text is my TPL, Maybe you can review.

msFilterList

: expires = 30

# 163.com

-d bobo-public.nosdn.127.net

-d click.mtty.com

-d material.mtty.com

-d *.mtty.com

-d mtty-cdn.mtty.com

-d *.9377z.com

-d *.xiyouence.com

-d *.365tq.com

-d www.365tq.com

-d ent.163.com

-d live.ent.163.com

# baidu

-d bj.bcebos.com

-d www.haowj.com.cn

-d pic.haowj.com.cn

-d *.haowj.com.cn

thanks a lot

yours faithfully

frank

frank-sms, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Cannot search through .tpl files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot search through .tpl files

1. Cannot search through .tpl files - Similar Threads - Cannot search through

2. Are there ways to add tpl in the IE11 in the Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there ways to add tpl in the IE11 in the Windows 11: Hello:Trying to search the internet in the search box in the Windows 11, press the ? in the upper right corner of the window of the internet setting, the IE 11?opens.It was OK to subscribe the tpl in the IE 11 in the Windows 10, but not in the IE 11 in the Windows 11 opened...
  3. Are there ways to add tpl in the IE11 in the Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there ways to add tpl in the IE11 in the Windows 11: Hello:Trying to search the internet in the search box in the Windows 11, press the ? in the upper right corner of the window of the internet setting, the IE 11?opens.It was OK to subscribe the tpl in the IE 11 in the Windows 10, but not in the IE 11 in the Windows 11 opened...
  4. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  5. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  6. Cannot Enter in Windows Search or File Explorer Search

in Cortana
    Cannot Enter in Windows Search or File Explorer Search: I've looked at so many sets of instructions about how to re-enable the search fields in Windows 10 Search and File Explorer. The most useful looking one said to uninstall "Update for Microsoft Windows KB4551762" and gave great directions--almost. That update isn't listed in...
  7. Windows searching through file explorer not working and search index rebuilding...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows searching through file explorer not working and search index rebuilding...: This issue has been plaguing me for over a year now and I can't seem to find a working solution. Before this problem occurred, I was able to search for my files/documents through the search bar in a file explorer window like any normal person. After noticing some of my newer...
  8. Cannot search file contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot search file contents: On my Samsung desktop, the File Explorer search does not search for items in my file contents. I've tried Troubleshooter but does not help. I've also made sure I have the latest Windows 10 update and reset PC after updates. Any help would be appreciated. I should mention...
  9. Cannot search for files by date modified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot search for files by date modified.: There are not search options in Windows 10. I cannot find where to select search by date modified: xx/xx/xxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-search-for-files-by-date-modified/8975c3ad-ccd7-43d3-96f7-50aed8abaf3b
  10. Search cannot find files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search cannot find files: I have hundreds of videos but when I try to search for them by using IN this PC the Kind:=video command the search come up empty. It simply cannot find anything I ask it to search for. I do not want to use third party search applications. I just want it to work. Does anyone...